I went and did it

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by I Drive, Aug 18, 2014.

1. I Drive

I Drive Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Southern California
    Well, I went and did it, I dropped by the Rialto, CA terminal and dropped off my application.

It all started a couple weeks ago when I noted YRC looking for new drivers out here... I started doing some research, and noticed lots of folks suggesting that O.D. was a better place to work for.

I figure that my 20+ years with a CDL and only a couple of decent employers needed to get rectified some how, sooo, There it is, we will see what we see.

A question, anyone have any idea which is better and why, as per going Line Haul (I understand they only have team operation here,) vs Local P and D? There was one tread that almost addressed that topic, but it seems that driver went to work somewhere else, and it kind of fizzled, so instead of restarting an old thread, I thought I might try a fresh request.

thank you, and yes.... I Drive.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    They have line haul solo, team and p and d there.

Was just there this morning.

Good luck, and welcome aboard.

Did you talk to William Dubra or Jeff?

I Drive Thanks this.
  4. I Drive

I Drive Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Southern California
    William is who I've spoken with... and he's usually either with or in between interviews.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. I Drive

I Drive Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Southern California
    No call yet, but it hasn't been a week, so I'm not all that worried.

I'd like to thank Blairandgretchen. I was wondering if anyone has any info, pro/con for line haul (solo or team,) vs P&D. Or maybe there's just not that many folks out of the South West that can contribute to this line of info?

Anyway, this update has been brought to you by someone who doesn't need to dunk his head in ice water to know that it's okay to donate to a good charity. ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.