I would like to restart with Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by lovesthedrive, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    I'd love to hear about Schneider paying 1200 a week. If they are talking about staying out for a couple of months and running recap and that one week you make 1200 gross and the next week 600 gross and alternating between the 2 numbers...then maybe.
    Less than a year driving making 1200 week gross...no way! Of course if they are factoring in bonuses for hiring on and metric bonuses then I would still say no way.
    1200 a week x 52 weeks = more money than a first year driver makes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You mention not being able to do a "duck walk" - Google Schneider pre work screen and watch the video. Make sure you can do.the required movements. One is to go underneath the trailer without crawling.

4. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    ive seen billboards saying they make 80k a year they say whatever to get you in the seat

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Of course there's no limit to how much recruiting bonus you can get assuming you have enough time to hang around truck stops and talk people into signing up lol

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Looks like Schneider is your best bet then. Abilene must have changed their policy during the last few days.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    So can some one tell me. After you start working there, when dose the first paycheck get paid to you?

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    First employed day is a Wednesday. A week from that Friday (day 10 of employment) you'd get your first paycheck for $320, minus deductions. After that you'll be paid on Friday for the previous week.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  9. No names left

No names left Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I figure that's what it meant but thanks for confirming. I can 'walk' under a trailer but I'm 6'3 in my bare feet, probably 6'4 in work boots so probably going to clean the bottom in a few spots while doing it.

10. No names left

No names left Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2015
    This requires 6 months experience and no doubt would require staying out for extended periods to hit $1200 a week, but it is possible.
    https://schneiderjobs.com/search-driving-opportunities/details/153179

11. Little Eddy

Little Eddy Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Not my thread, I don't want to hijack but there is some confusion going on here..
    OP says he has 5mts experience and is considering going OTR and is considering SNI because they are talking about 1200$ a week.
    The link posted above that says (up to) 1450$ a week (more very suspect math) requires a minimum of 6 mths and is for a bulk dedicated position. Not OTR and not for the OP with their limited experience. As with all of Schneider jobs listing the rate shown is for the highest level of experience. This is a bait and switch lure to get a new driver excited but then you find out that the rate posted requires many years of experience to qualify for that top rate.
    I challenge anyone to show a series of pay stubs posting 1200 a wk average for SNI OTR on a driver who has less than one full yrs experience.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.