Ice Road Trucking

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Highway Hypnosis, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    What happened to Hugh & VP Express?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I don't know what happened to VP Express but I did see a Polar Industries truck in northern Alberta a couple weeks ago.

4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Hugh was supposedly hurt in a pickup truck crash with 1 of the shows producers driving it recklessly ( Producer was driving the pickup , Hugh was a passenger )

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Doesn't surprise me. He came off as a bit ####y, but competent in the first couple seasons. After that he just looked like a moron.

6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I really wonder if people realize how dramatized that show really is. Why yes it comes with risks its nothing like what they show on the program.

Used to ride north slope with my grandpa every week before he passed. It was good times and some darn good food. People them selfs tho were a different breed, just much more of a ridged kind of folks.

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I've got a driver who worked up there, on the haul road for years and he said the show is utter BS and is nothing close to the truth.

He mentioned that those guys who were on the show actually had to do the real work without the support vehicles, the planning to prevent retakes not to forget the easy loads they got in the first place, they would never make it past the first week.

8. atomicneon

atomicneon Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Huge's wife is sueing the producers for ruining his manhood.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

he said the show is utter BS:rolleyes: anyone with 1/2 a brain watching the show figured that out before the first commercial

10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Sounds like so much fun I just wouldn't know how to handle it all.. ice, ice and more ice.. yay !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.