Ice Road Trucking

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Highway Hypnosis, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah I watch it too. I thought to myself the same thing about the lack of axles for an alleged "130,000 lbs". They play so fast and loose with weights that they throw around it's hard to tell what they are talking about anyways. In all honesty I miss the old history channel when it was wall to wall world war 2, or Egyptians, or ancient Rome - you know, like real history. All of these bogus made up shows belong somewhere else. They only do it for ratings that's where the drama plays in. No-one would want to watch an ordinary day of trucking any one of us deals with, it's boring. If we didn't watch it would go away.

alds, truckdad, Chewy352 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    its too funny how those ice road truckers always stop and get out and walk on the ice and check it out even though they gonna drive on it no matter what

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    They said it was the biggest load on that lake, but when he arrived you could see another crane in the backround that was already there. Guess they forgot to edit that one out.

5. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

They did that few years ago as well ALEX was supposedly the first truck across the ice to some remote village with much needed supplies, camera pans back and showed 4 or 5 trucks sitting there already with trailer doors open on a few and 1 guy closing his doors in front of a small warehouse,

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I always like how they'll be following a guy on a trip who drives say a Peterbilt and the truck will change from a Peterbilt to a Kenworth to a Freightliner on a constant basis. Half the time the load they start the trip with changes through out the episode as well. The editors need to be schooled a bit IMO.

A_C_Cooper Thanks this.
  7. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Its a production, not a reality show, it must produce an hour of entertainment...I bet they put a truck thru the ice this season or next..They kind of have to..

8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    From five minutes of entertaining footage. :biggrin_25523:

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

We all know its a SCRIPTED show , but a bit of effort to make it a little bit more accurate / realistic is not that hard to do

A_C_Cooper and AModelCat Thank this.
  10. HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Crusty Pogosticker!!

Jan 25, 2012
    Cartoon Network
    * Edited IMO *

not4hire Thanks this.
  11. tedlife

tedlife Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2015
    alberta
    Just move up to Alberta, those "ice road trucking" shows are pretty jokes. If you want to make money just come haul oilfield or logs... tons of jobs most starting around 36$/hr or so and you get a feel for winter bush trucking and go from there cause it can get gnarly in the hills. Oilfield/logging basically make a bit more than what the guys who go north make a cheque but it's 9 months a year instead of 4... tho this year we had a real long break up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.