Idling hate mail from the top??

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MM3Deg, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    All that just to hide idle time?
    Not me.

I idle as I need to.
    No apologies, no hiding, no pulling fuses.

They can either accept it or fire me, as they choose.
    But after nearly 5 years with the same company and a clean everything, I figure I can write my own ticket.

dodgeram440rt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Don't get caught tampering with equipment. Trying to hide idle time isnt worth losing your job. Especially when THEY DONT CARE if you idle the truck!!!! It's like Moosetek said...idle as you need to. If it's high, it's high. If it's low, it's low.

When you got that first message about having high idle time, did anything come of that? Did you get a stern talking to from your DM? Did they threaten you with termination of you didn't get your idle down? No? No warnings? No probation? When you got this last message about having low idle, did they give you a reward? No? Not even a pat on the back?!? Maybe it's because THEY DONT CARE!!!!!!!! Idle as you need to, shut it down when you can. It's really not rocket science.

MM3Deg and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Exactly.

Idling time is not an offence that will get you fired, usually.
    Tampering with equipment IS something that will get you fired, possibly with the first offence.

The thing is, there is no good reason to worry about much of anything with Swift.
    Swift is one of the easiest companies to work for - because they allow the driver SO much control.
    All the driver has to do is learn the system under which they operate.

We can idle as we really need to, and we can adjust the times of our load as we see fit - both within reason, of course.
    There are some exceptions at times, but we are allowed to run our truck as we see fit.

Most of the messages we receive are totally automated. There is a machine behind it, not a person.
    And I have never felt like I've been singled out for my habits as a driver - for my 'lazy' attitude in adjusting times to my idling times or anything else.
    I have high and low times for loads, but I do keep running. And many times I get a better load after turning down ones that I don't like.
    That can not be said of many companies out there.

MM3Deg Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.