ifta stickers

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by 2hellandback, Jan 23, 2010.

1. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    Really? That's odd ... I see everyone take them off ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I haven't. It is comical to see trucks running around with 8 years of IFTA stickers on them. Personally, I wait till after the 1st of the year, then I remove to old sticker, and put on the new one. I don't like running around looking like my truck is being held together with duck tape and IFTA stickers. Guess I just don't miss the old days when we had to have a batch of stickers all over the place for just about every state or province. Sure glad those days are gone. I don't even like those CVSA stickers that they hand out at an inspection. Doesn't stop the next LE from doing an inspection, irregardless of CB rumors to the contrary. So I feel no need to have that sticker on the truck. But no LE has given me a CVSA sticker in over a decade, and I haven't asked for one. The carrier I am contracted with, requires quarterly inspections of the truck. They want to stick on little quarterly stickers (not to be confused with annual inspection sticker) on the passenger side window. I tell them to leave them in the desk drawer.

Back in the days when I was a company driver, I didn't even want those goofy "xxxxxxx miles safe driver" emblems on the truck. They are just like medals in the military...... those emblems, along with a $1.50 will get you a coffee at the truck stop.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  4. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air

LOL ... well put sir!

5. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior rocking-n-rollin again

Dec 6, 2011
    South West

Ahhhhhhh the ole License plate and the Bingo Card... now that was something wasnt it...omg im showing my age now

6. SafetyBarb

SafetyBarb Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Indiana
    Question: I just had a driver come in and tell me he "heard" that in Texas they are now issuing violations for any expired IFTA stickers on the truck and the ONLY IFTA sticker a driver is to have is the current one, do any of you know if there is an ounce of truth to this? Thanks!

7. Scalemaster

Scalemaster Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    Must be a Texas thing. :biggrin_2554:

8. SafetyBarb

SafetyBarb Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Indiana
    Well, we run Texas every day, and if this is true, I need to find out what the law really is on that. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

9. rogueunh

rogueunh Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2011
    The IFTA stickers I get say you must keep 4 previous years records....doesn't say it has to kept on the side of the truck.

10. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    In 2010 a Texas leo told me the same thing.

11. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    BTW Barb I didn't get a citation, he just said they have to come off.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.