Ifta

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Jim837, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Jim837

Jim837 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    I was curious which if any software anyone uses for IFTA and IRP reporting for a one truck operation?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    If you have the new Rand McNally GPS does it for you...I still use Long Form Loose Leaf logs w/IFTA AND IRP report...there are software apps too...sure some other O/O's will chime in here w/other suggestions.

Jim837 Thanks this.
  4. crazyjack

crazyjack Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I do it old school, pcmiler to calculate my miles by state, and fuel receipts to calculate the fuel. My ifta is from state of IL so they do have online program to calculate it, all you need to do is enter miles and fuel. And as far as IRP, i just use my IFTA's for required period. Not very advanced but works for me ;)

Jim837 and Straight Stacks Thank this.
  5. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    Linxup.tracks my truck by gps.all i have to do is enter my fuel purchases.$34 a month

6. InmanFreight

InmanFreight Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Michigan
    I just use my Garmin Dezl. Keeps track of all my miles and fuel ups. At the end of the quarter, connect to my computer to print out a report and enter in the info into my state's web page and done. Takes me all of 5 minutes.

Jim837 Thanks this.
  7. Jim837

Jim837 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm waiting on state to mail my packet to get my own plate and do my own IFTA, no authority though at least not yet. I already wrote odometer at each state and fuel ups so I guess just entering data onto state web site is easy enough. Didn't think I needed a computer program.

8. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    You don't need a computer program to do it. Paper & pen have worked for years,the only thing you have to worry about is running out of ink.

9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    You can do it with a composition book and pencil, spreadsheet or with software. I use Trucknpro (foglinesoftware.com) BizManager. It will work with one or a hundred trucks. I write my miles down and transfer the miles and fuel into the program. At the end of the quarter all I need to do is print out an IFTA report. With IRP, I can print out an IFTA report for the 4 quarters that is needed for the IRP. I like it because it is simple. At one time I did everything with a pad and pencil. Later, I used a spreadsheet. This program is much better. If you put in your load information, fuel and miles, you can print our a profit and loss on each load or for any other time and see how well you are doing. Something that I would recommend you use is envelopes for each load. It helps to keep you organized and there is less chance of receipts being misplaced or lost. I write all the information about each load on the outside of the envelope and then transfer that information into my software.

10. Jim837

Jim837 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Nebraska
    Thanks Gman that's good info to know. Looks a lot more affordable than some others I've been looking at WOW are some of those expensive!

11. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    I did the odometer & trip sheets my first couple of quarters, but now I just use my RM gps. It also keeps track of loaded/empty/toll miles separately which is handy if you run in New York and have to do nyhut on top of IFTA

Straight Stacks and Jim837 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.