I'm in the market for a teammate

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 29, 2012.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Thinking about hiring a teamate soon (March or April). Non smoker. I do have a dog though. My wife won't take the dog back and I don't want to give her away, but I would still like to hire a teammate to run with us to pay some bills and I need to buy a new car lol. Teammate would have to share the bottom bed with the dog (she stays in the quadrant of the bed nearest the window all the time), she doesn't take up much room.You will have a cabinet and 2 shelves for your stuff, plus I recommend duffel bags that can ride on the bed as well that won't be in your way while lying down.

I'm offering $0.20 cents per dispatched qualcomm mile, all miles, whether I drive or you drive which translates to $0.40 if you were solo. It's probably best if you are out of the Lathrop terminal so we do hometime at the same time, but Los Angeles might work as I could drop you in Barstow or Bakersfield (and pick you back up after hometime since most of my loads out of hometime are going to L.A.) or Sparks might work too, you could drive home from Lathrop to your home then we meet back when it's time to go again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You're an animal lover so that's a plus.Tell the ppl what kind of dog you have maybe post a pic of her on here.I'm not interested in teaming,I don't think I could do it but maybe you'll find somebody.You're married so you're probably looking for a guy to team with are'nt you?Who do you drive for?

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. MicaBay

MicaBay Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Idaho, North
    I've been thinking about teaming lately also. I don't live near your neck of the woods though. Out of curiosity, when looking for a team mate, what is the least amount of experience you would be comfortable with?

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Question Scottied67. Why not just become a Trainer. It wouldn't matter too much where the trainee lives, your income would/should be better, and you could ride solo for a while between trainees if you feel like you need a break. No longterm commitment. Just a thought.

fr8monkey and scottied67 Thank this.
  6. MicaBay

MicaBay Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Idaho, North
    Training could also cost you $$ in the maintenance of your truck...

scottied67 Thanks this.
  7. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    Share a bunk with the dog...who could possibly pass up an opportunity like that? :biggrin_2559:

bigmikectn, scottied67 and fr8monkey Thank this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I think it's a great dane ... :biggrin_2559:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. cpttuttle

cpttuttle Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    altoona,pa
    might have noticed on top.it's a swift thread.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that line. :biggrin_25523:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. 3 Dog Nite

3 Dog Nite Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Southeast, TN
    And 20 cents a mile! Look at all the drivers jumping on this offer.

What else are you offering? Detention, mechanical layover, any benefits? How often do you pay? Your offer sounds like the driver will be working for you, not Swift.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.