Inconsistent dock lines, etc.

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by camionneur, Jun 18, 2015.

1. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Painted, faded, nothing...

Back with tires just inside, or to middle, or off center, maybe on either side of an emankment, or separated by double lines, as if to allow for doors to clear, not quite. Then the dock door has seals that are not as wide as the trailer, and the crate inside is wider than the seals, or the dock lock is too high for a lift gate to be lowered to put the ramp on the floor, it's like everyone's new idea or lack of consistency screws up the existing equipment, or parking it (not that there's room to see the dock from where you had to pull in). I don't really mind, it's just a wonder that we're not on the same page with something like dock dimensions.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    If you feel like you cant see where your trailer is going thats when you need to climb down and CK. out clearance on dock hi. or other trailers near your door? even when you think you might bump padding there may be a dock light in door, its allways better to be safe than sorry.

4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Where's the fun in uniformity? Besides. All that will make you a better backer.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  5. camionneur

Oct 18, 2013
    Gotta practice my no line backing, trailer looks straight, walk back there, not, crank it one way, off the same way, crank it the other, still off the same exact way! wtf? You have entered the twilight zone...

baha Thanks this.
  6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    There's much worse than no lines. Try no lines with a building that's ####eyed. Your eyes decieve you.

Oldman49 Thanks this.
  7. camionneur

Oct 18, 2013
    Might have been. Then I'm so used to doing 90s with no space, that straight backing is like too much freedom, and we're always switching trailer sizes, or I'm parking somewhere for the first time, often enough to wonder how they all managed to be different. Offsetting onto tire ramps is a joy.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  8. camionneur

Oct 18, 2013
    So today I waited like a half hour for someone to tell me to back into the most difficult spot possible, around perfectly placed obstacles to prevent it (when all adjacent spots were open), then spent like a half hour doing figure eights while they waited, seemed fair.

9. camionneur

Oct 18, 2013
    On occasions when there's enough room to see and the lines are nice and shiny, they get all anal about wearing safety vests (like anyone needs one in that situation).

10. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Love those !! You think you have it and. ... OILAA' ! not even close.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  11. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i like the real old building you have to back into and you cant see anything
    mirrors so close to wall you cant get out

Oldman49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.