Indian River Transport, Co. - Winter Haven, FL.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rwings, Oct 22, 2006.

1. bigpwr

bigpwr Bobtail Member

May 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    I'm outta San Antonio, been working in the oil patch over 10 years, just looking for something where I'm not sitting somewhere trying to load/unload and not getting paid and from what I gather IRT drivers do alot of that. Hopefully oil picks back up but till then need to get something else going on

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gazoo64

Gazoo64 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Sitting and waiting is typical in the food grade business. Check out LW Miller. They have a liquid tank and pneumatic division. Based out of Salt Lake City. Nice trucks and I know a minimum of .40mile.

4. bigpwr

bigpwr Bobtail Member

May 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    Yeah sounds like sitting and waiting is just part of the biz also thanks for the lead Gazoo, I'll check em out

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Plus at LW Miller they have reefers and cattle pots, so some opportunity to change it up if imagine if you wanted

Milkman719 Thanks this.
  6. bigpwr

bigpwr Bobtail Member

May 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    yeah ruger thats a good point. gonna fill out the app and see what happens. Had IRT offer to fly me out to cali for orientation and pick up a truck, but a little concerned with 1) the pay 36 cents a mile 2) Sounds like a lot of waiting, altho they say you get like 50 dollars a day for detention which really isn't much

7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I have a friend that worked at IRT for awhile and he liked it, but he didn't want to work hard so it was a good fit. He would sit a lot. But also he said they were very lax on how long he stayed home and also his delivery times.

8. bigpwr

bigpwr Bobtail Member

May 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    like you said thats the trick trying to find a company who is a good fit for a certain personality type. Me I don't mind the work and being away from home if I can see those sacrifices paying off. I've got hazmat twic all that other jazz, just hesitant on what company I get on with cause I hate job hopping

9. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    When I worked at Sinton Dairy the tankers that came in where from DFA (Dairy Farmers of America) They are paid hourly and home every night. If your good with around 17.00 hr then that might work too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.