Indian River Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Dharok, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Hey guys anyone currently working there to give me any insight? I called a recruiter from their California office and she said they do hire out of las Vegas NV. They have a 7 western for 2300-2700 miles no touch, or all 48 for 2700-3000+ miles a week no touch. 2-3weeks out which it ain't bad. I don't think I need hazmat endorsement and I do have tankers plus tanker experience...
    Anyways please chime in if you have any info.

@Chinatown

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Be prepared to sit around dairies for hours on end. This is with any milk hauling outfit. I would dare say that milk is Indian River "bread and butter" and hauling milk is about the cheapest trucking that I ever did in 53 years of trucking. And when you figure your time against your pay, you will get a little upset. But I will give Indian River credit where credit is due,they run good equipment, they do not run overweight(as most milk haulers do) but they will keep you out for several weeks.

Dharok Thanks this.
  4. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I don't mind staying out, kind of wanted to try and do tankers again since I started out with that in the oilfields hauling salt water. I think I've changed my mind after reading about all the sitting And not getting paid for it.. probably going to try Jim Palmer or freymiller

5. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Never forget @Jabber1990

Legend has it, he is still in Clovis waiting for his milk.

6. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Indian River used to be decent back in the day, but I wouldn't trust them now. I spoke with quite a few of their guys in CA when I used to run the 99 just about every day. The only ones that were happy were the guys that didn't need money and we're driving because they just wanted to.

7. JRTBud877

JRTBud877 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    IRT is a fine company for somebody with no family life. Like, if you can live on $30,000 a year and don't need to be at a home, with a family waiting for you. If you want to just cruise around and chill out at shippers/receivers in a nice ride, then they are a good company. Some drivers do make good money at IRT, but not many will make good money, and get home too.

Grouch Thanks this.
  8. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Milk hauling in a nutshell.

9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    The loading end of the equation is quite alright, but from what I've been told by the long-haul guys, it's an entirely different ball-game in the pay department. As a loader at the dairies, it's about the same as the other outfits where you hook the hoses up to pump the milk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.