Information on prime?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by FireFighter_02, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Jordanes

Jordanes Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2016
    I went t
    About 3 years ago, I went through Prime's program after having gotten my CDL, and it was pretty much as you described here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Never heard of them

4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Good company. Haul for Prime.

5. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    What do you haul? Flatbed, reefer, tanker etc, home time? Dedicated opputunities? Pay scale? Orientation? How do you like workig for them? Forced dispatch to nyc?

6. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    I'm in the reefer division. Prime also has tanker and flatbed divisions, although being from FL I doubt you will be able to get on in tanker. Company and lease operator positions are available in each. However I strongly suggest that anyone new to otr trucking not lease for the first year.
    Hometime for a company driver is one day earned for every week out with a max of 4 days at one time. There is no limit on hometime for lease ops as long as they can afford it, and stay profitable.
    Some dedicated is available, but not that I'm aware of in FL.
    Payscale for company drivers is 43cpm + accessoral pays. The 43cpm breaks down as follows, 8cpm is per diem, 30cpm standard pay, and 5cpm is a bonus for taking out a lightweight truck. A lightweight (lw) is usually a cascadia mid roof, with a 48 inch rather than 72 inch sleeper. Company drivers will be assigned lw's almost all of the time. Pay for lease ops is 72% of line haul +100% of fuel surcharge. Again, strongly recommend against going that route within the first year.
    Oreintation... ... Its been awhile but as I remember is one week at a company owned hotel in Springfield, a greyhound ticket there will be provided along with the room and a meal card to eat in the cafateria at no charge.
    I came to prime 5yrs ago, got my cdl and experience here, I'm now an o/o. Prime is a training company however they've been a good place to be even as my career has developed. Looking back especially while I was getting experience as a new driver I can think no better place for me at that time. The pay was the best I could find starting out and that's what was important to me.
    Otr Company drivers run the lower 48 and some Canada under forced dispatch. Lease ops have more freedom picking destinations.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's a good one; Earl Henderson Trucking

8. Jordanes

Jordanes Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2016
    I've been to the Henderson terminal on the Illinois side near St. Louis. Had to take load there that I picked up in Indiana headed to Arizona -- I didn't have enough hours to take it myself, so it was repowered by a Henderson driver.

9. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I was looking into flatbed

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Henderson has flatbeds too. They bought Tennant Truck Lines and added it to their fleet.

11. Robd1178

Robd1178 Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2015
    I started with prime in November after not driving for about 15 years, still had my cdl. You will be given a road test, pre trip test and backing test, once you pass you can skip psd and go right to tnt.

purpleprime Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.