instrument panel not working

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by ColumbiaBoB, Nov 28, 2015.

1. ColumbiaBoB

ColumbiaBoB Light Load Member

May 3, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Hi, i have 05 columbia detroit eng. Started truck and noticed instrument panel not working, another thing i did not get clicking sound from engine with key on?? Thx for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Sounds like data link issue. The "clicking" sound you should hear are the abs modulators on each wheel self testing. Go to back of your cab, look up and see if you have an old QUALCOMM cable zip tied to a bracket. If you do, climb up and look at the connector. If it is green, that could be your problem. Quick fix is to cut off connector with sharp cutters and see if dash comes back to life. If so follow cables into cab and disconnect properly. If this does not work take to qualified person who knows data link operation. Hardest repairs we have to make are these. Good luck.

4. ColumbiaBoB

May 3, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    I do have clicking noise, didn't pay att first time. I have cut the plug, nothing changed.

5. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    If you hear clicking, that changes things a bit. There is a fuse in PDM (fuse box) roughly located in middle row. 10 amp. I think it is labeled "gauges" or "cluster" check and replace if blown

ColumbiaBoB Thanks this.
  6. ColumbiaBoB

May 3, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Yup, blown fuse, thank you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.