intermodal

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Iwant2driveallday, May 11, 2015.

1. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Turns out the signs up in the Lancaster terminal were put up by a guy that owns his own trucks... He was trying to recruit two drivers for his own trucks.

I was wondering why no one there could answer questions about it. Everyone is so new at their jobs, no one even realized those signs were put up by a guy trying to steal drivers away!

WOW!

Anyway, there are a bunch of swift intermodal containers coming thru Saginaw. I guess they don't have a dedicated team for them.

I was able to get on another dedicated acct, that seems to have they type of schedule I was hoping to get doing intermodal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Intermodal throughout Texas is run out of Lancaster. There certainly are people there that know about it, ask for Monte, he runs the whole thing. He is in the office around the corner from the main dispatch window. Monte has been there a long long time, he just doesn't have much time to get out and look at all the postings put up on the driver bulletin boards.

MM3Deg Thanks this.
  4. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    These signs are on the walls in the orientation room, hallway, and driver development office.
    I told them when I upgraded, that was a third party trying to steal drivers.

Signs were still up the other day ....

This gig I got on has the schedule I was looking for with intermodal. Good mix of short and long, home every weekend.

The DC is an hour away instead of 10 minutes.... But I am happy with it!

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Those are typically Swift o/o fleets and Swift allows them to recruit with posters in the terminals.

6. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Which terminal are you out of? I'm looking for an intermodal account to run on but I'm out of florida, I just want to contact them and see if they will take on a driver that lives in florida.

7. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm out of Charlotte, no terminal just a drop yard. They do have some guys in Florida doing it but I don't know how many. Check with a FL fleet manager to see who to contact. It's actually run out of Phoenix.

8. 7seriestv

Jan 28, 2016
    Ok thanks I will make some calls and find out

9. 7seriestv

Jan 28, 2016
    Just talk to atlanta they say they not hiring for intermodal for the next 2 to 3 yrs. I seen a lot of favoritism going on with these dedicated account, there is one account out of florida im trying to get on for the last 6 months they told me they not taking on any owner and somebody I know on the account tell me they have plenty of owners came on after they told me that.

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Are you already with Swift? ... some dedicated accounts have a waiting list ... the list may be 2 to 3 years, but the ones currently coming on had made it to the top of the list.

11. 7seriestv

Jan 28, 2016
    Been with them 5 yrs. I stay in south florida seems like the worst area for a dedicated account

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.