International Prostar

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Poacher, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Poacher

Poacher Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    Thinking about getting an international. Coming off a Freightliner and don't know much about the International. Anyone have any feedback on then?
    Reliability, fuel economy, power. Stuff like that. I know I don't like the seat as well as the Freightliner. But there are things I do like better about it. Can put a dorm fridge in it. Can control the radio from the sleeper.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    rawze is the man if it has the cummins.

4. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Stay away from the maxforce engine, they pull good but are not very reliable. I have had two company prostar with the maxforce, I bought a prostar with a Cummins, pulls good, decent mileage, better mileage compared to similar drive train pete and kws. Great turning radius and a far better sleeper

darthanubis Thanks this.
  5. Poacher

Poacher Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Arkansas
    It has the Cummins in it.

6. K.S. Brar

K.S. Brar Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2015
    British Columbia Canada
    Hi there Poacher hope you good with wrenches you will need them . I bought one also coming from Pete because Gov't Regulation needed newer truck ,they look half decent not bad inside good visibility .Like heavyhaulerss said you will need Rawze video help on this. terrible on air leaks with push fitting & electrical .
    search youtube with Prostar reviews you will get the picture & window leaks where you will be sitting playing with radio controls. cheap radio , reception is bad I threw mine out couldn,t get any local channels on mine then sleeper controls will be no good, good luck

7. JCSUPANOVA

JCSUPANOVA Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Stay away from Maxxforce. Too many issues.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.