Interview tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by mxpx148, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Hey everyone...so after creeping on the boards for the past few years and asking a million questions(lol), I finally got my CDL A a few weeks ago and have an interview with Superior tomorrow. Being new to the industry and not knowing what to expect on the interview, how should I dress? Don't know if I should dress up or go there dressed to work lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Not too fancy, not sure about them but if they make u do a driving test, u don't want to get ur white button up shirt dirty

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  4. jlembie35

jlembie35 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Nice polo, dress shoes, and khakis will do. Shirt tucked in is a must lol.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  5. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Thanks who, that's what I was thinking lol. Don't want to look like a bum...I know there is a road test so not exactly sure if they will have me do other things.

6. PayCheck

PayCheck Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    ca
    A suit would be over kill, but somthing other then jeans and some well polished shoes would go a long way.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  7. PayCheck

PayCheck Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    ca
    Don't forget to bring a copy of your resume, I've been to interviews where they had lost the one I sent in.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  8. ghostdog

ghostdog Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2015
    GUlf Shores,AL
    i carried a resume in to one job, the guy looked at me like i was trying to hand him toxic waste and told me to get an application filled out and he'd be with me in a few. i almost just walked out.

9. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    If you're not sure, then business casual is fine. I guess it depends on the terminal, but the manager told me just to dress comfortable for the driving test. I wore a work shirt with buttons (i.e. Dickies style), khakis, and my steel toe boots. Glad I did because it was muddy that day. You may or may not be hooking up an empty tank and doing a brief pre-trip, so bring some gloves if you want. It wasn't really an interview for me; the manager gave me information about the company and presented what Superior was all about. Then I think we went over some paperwork. I wasn't asked my strengths/weaknesses or to describe a time I overcame a challenge, lol.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  10. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    One of the hiring guys at a company our school did a field trip to said this:
    "If I like what I see and hear, I might road test you immediately. Have a change of clothes (boots, jeans, etc) with you in the car. Be prepared."

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  11. mxpx148

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Lmao

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.