Inverter regulation

Discussion in 'Prime' started by SavvyRed, Apr 23, 2016.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    They do. The OP wants to buy one that produces cleaner power to save his other electronic equipment. The low cost inverters are hell on batteries.

SavvyRed and BigSky Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gillz107

gillz107 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    New York
    What's a "s ninja"? And can a company driver use it?

4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    http://www.google.com/

Click the link and type ninja cooker.

TheDoghouse Thanks this.
  5. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    If there is already a 1,500 in there. As long as your pure sine wave is of the same size, I doubt they would notice.
    Be a piece of cake to install.

6. Grumpyone

Grumpyone Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2012
    CO
    I just installed a 2000 watt pure sine inverter. Was easy to do. It is twice the size as the one that came in the truck. You can install it yourself.

7. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Considering the ninja will use about 1200 Watts, 100 Amps DC, that's an insane amount of Amps to be running for an extended time.... Go Big with your inverter.... Go big with wiring,

PChase Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    100 amps DC? Erm... most house hold goods running off 120 volt power tend to be around 12 amps, 15 at most AC.

You need a quality inverted with big wiring to back it up done right. This is not something to be fooled with. We went to shop boss, then company officers to get written permission to install ours into the tractor which was company. With the understanding that if we removed it we pay for same. The tractor eventually became available when we stopped working for the company with the hope someone with a Sleep Apnea kit would be able to use it.

We burned two alternators that year. The third one they put in was a monster, it would be able to push almost 15.3 volts at 65 mph and 1550 rpm with the inverter going. We had a rule, always to be on the interstate with that thing in operation making coffee or something with our 120 volt 10 amp mr coffee.

Ive gotten to where Ive run a house off my big generac gennie in tornado season when the poles are ripped out of the ground on my road as happened once. Took 4 days to get power back. I was half tempted to try and run the house off the truck once or twice. But that is hubris talking.

One of these days Im going to spend the money and get a few of the smaller gennies which are getting pretty nice and able to produce as much as the old inverters once did in our day. Strap that gennie on the back deck or hitch and run it no problem.

9. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    I run my small microwave off the trucks standard inverter just fine with just the apu running never had a problem. The inverters last me about two years.

10. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Your trucks alt puts out what? 13.5 volts average, not 120, hence inverter.........

11. SavvyRed

SavvyRed Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Prime runs 1500w modified sine inverters. The ninja is a 1200w cooker that does all kinds of crap. If you're interested you can get an aroma that's only 900w. Both are really great for saving space. I haven't found out from the shop if I can run a pure sine inverter of the same size yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.