Iron Skillet... Never again

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Friday, Aug 9, 2016.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    mine has never exploded .. it's probably what you ate at some other truck stop food wagon or wherever a day or so prior to a ta or petro,

I asked for a.medium rare steak once, looked like it was seared raw. sent iy back .. one must ask for medium well if they don't want a cut right off the hoof

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    With a refrigerator and electric pan every rest area has a full service restaurant. And when i want to get out of the truck, almost every large shopping plaza has a couple places in walking range.

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Breakfast of Champions .. lately

20160812_174930.jpg

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im sorry to read of all this.

Food must really have gone down hill.

We eat in the Little Rock Petro occasionally so we don't forget who we are. Usually on a tuesday midday where they are somewhat slow and were about three tables and 4 on the counter. easily managed and waited on.

As a rule we have our food cooked well done. This cuts down on the Potential issues with undercooked food. If memory serves the staff and cooks hae been in the Little Rock Location over 10 years now without any problems that we are aware of.

If anything, I wish Uncle Sam will stop with those stupid illegal buses dumping illegal people to wander around, they don't belong in there....

6. FLYMIKEXL

FLYMIKEXL Medium Load Member

Definitely gonna make one of these

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Don't worry drivers, at the rate today's drivers are cooking their own food in their cabs or buying only fast food or quick snacks at the fuel stores all the sit down restaurants in our Truck Stops will soon be closed for lack of business. The parking is becoming all paid or reserved anyway so I guess we will be crying when the only thing left will be to fuel and leave to fend for ourselves. If you do not use all the services they will go away just like everything else has.

NavigatorWife, DTP and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Let them go away. I don't enjoy paying $17-$20 for a below average sandwich with poorly prepared, grease-seasoned sides. Supporting businesses is one thing, but to support restaurants with terrible quality food is another.

I don't think anyone out here is earning minimal pay and we can definitely afford better quality.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Personally, I seek out Petros.......it's usually the only good meal I get when I'm out. Had a couple that weren't great, but usually the food and the service are very good.
    Denny's......never again. I swore them off about a year or so ago and haven't been back.
    Laredo Taco company, heck ya. My all time favorite

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Had the "Chicken Alfredo" at the OKC Petro last week. I think they used elmers glue as the white sauce. Yea, never again will I give the Iron Skillet another dollar. What a flippen joke!

LindaPV Thanks this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    See you just reaffirmed what I've said about that Petro's fuel island food. The one in N. Las Vegas is like that, and so is the one in Carlisle, epic fuel island grub.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.