Is it fully legal to run school intermediary business

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by trucko, Aug 4, 2015.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Here is situation

there is a guy who deals with new emigrants who know nothing about trucking, sometimes don't even speak proper English, but the guy acts as intermediary between them and trucking school, prepares their documents charges some money and those guys are sent to training. If school cost is 1200$ he charges 800$ on top of it and he has at least 10 new drivers per week (!!!!) so why to bust our ##### for 50K job if we can make good money by preparing new emigrants for CDL school?

But is it legal activity?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Can they read and write in English after paying him $800?

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It's probably a legal enterprise, except he's probably doing it for cash and not paying taxes. Wouldn't surprise me if he's on some type of government assistance and doing the CDL thing under the table for cash.

5. Spreadneck

Spreadneck Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    If they are legal and can speak English, what's the problem?

6. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    Welcome to America, Trucko.

Is the service legal? Assuming he's not falsifying the documents he's preparing, and he is running a legal business as far as taxes and licenses go, sure it's legal. Is it taking advantage of a situation? I think so. Is it right? I don't think so. But business is often not the most moral of endeavors.

If he is defrauding his customers because they don't understand what is going on, and he is tricking these folks out of their money, that could be illegal.

Maybe you should stop doing this Trucko. :) (Kidding. I kid, it's what I do. :) )

7. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    From what you've described he's a glorified headhunter /translator / paperwork handler. Nothing illegal about it unless we're missing something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.