Is it my Felony?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by runhard, Feb 2, 2016.

1. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    What is the felony? When was the initial charge? When was the final disposition date?

Do you have any misdemeanors, DWI, reckless driving, etc?

Do you have hazmat and TWIC?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I didn't think you could get hazmat or twic with a felony

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You can; it depends on the felony. They have a list of disqualifying felonies.

5. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I see thanks for the info. I don't mess much with hazmat know there's a background check and finger printing that has to be done. And way back when I had considered trucking school one school covered all cost but the hazmat because of students coming in with felony records

6. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Note - These are INTERIM, not permanent, disqualifying criminal offenses.
    TSA link in my next post..

INTERIM DISQUALIFYING CRIMINAL OFFENSES

Conviction for one of the following felonies is disqualifying if the applicant was convicted, pled guilty (including ‘no contest’), or found not guilty by reason of insanity within seven years of the date of the application; OR if the applicant was released from prison after conviction within five years of the date of the application.

Unlawful possession, use, sale, manufacture, purchase, distribution, receipt, transfer, shipping, transporting, delivery, import, export of, or dealing in a firearm or other weapon. A firearm or other weapon includes, but is not limited to, firearms as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(3) or 26 U.S.C. 5 845(a), or items contained on the U.S. Munitions Import List at 27 CFR 447.21.
    Extortion.
    Dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation, including identity fraud and money laundering, where the money laundering is related to a crime listed in Parts A or B (except welfare fraud and passing bad checks).
    Bribery.
    Smuggling.
    Immigration violations.
    Distribution, possession w/ intent to distribute, or importation of a controlled substance.
    Arson.
    Kidnapping or hostage taking.
    Rape or aggravated sexual abuse.
    Assault with intent to kill.
    Robbery.
    Fraudulent entry into a seaport as described in 18 U.S.C. 1036, or a comparable State law.
    Violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act under 18 U.S.C. 1961, et seq., or a comparable state law, other than any permanently disqualifying offenses.
    Voluntary manslaughter.
    Conspiracy or attempt to commit crimes in this section.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    379exhd Thanks this.
  7. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I was checked often at chemical plants.

9. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Really?

I see a lot of TSL drivers on a daily basis all of them had to have twic cards and they don't know why they paid for them as they're never asked to show it. But I'd imagine there's a big difference between a Chem plant and a port.

10. Ohshootmyradiosnotworking

Ohshootmyradiosnotworking Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2016
    New jersey
    I have one felony 10 year's ago never had my drivers license I have a few driving without any license violations one accident 3 years ago no dui no points what are my chances

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.