Is Leasing on to Landstar really this hard?

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by bTrucker713, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    At the time I did my friends paper work he needed to send in I forget how many IFTA quarterly reports to show he had winter driving experience. Does Landstar still require that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Past employers can take 30 days. They have a lot of paperwork to do, I found it frustrating too . .

You'll find that the drug screen and truck inspection can only be within 30 days of orientation - yup.

OONewbie Thanks this.
  4. Ernieymarta

Ernieymarta Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2013
  5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    It has been a long time since I leased to Landstar, but I don't recall it taking so long back then and that was before the internet and all the new technology. There is no reason for them to take so long to approve drivers. It is usually faster if you are a fleet owner and already have trucks on with them. Most carriers can approve you in a couple of days. I have met several owner operators who decided to go with another company because Landstar took so long to approve their application. Anyone thinking of leasing to Landstar should allow at least 30-60 days for them to process the paperwork. If the references or former employers drag their feet getting back to Landstar, it could take much longer than if they got back with them quickly.

6. tmslogistics

tmslogistics Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2015
    I'm finding the same issue with Mercer. They are a stickler for past employment verification. But that's how they weed out the inexperienced and crappy drivers. Can't be too careful these days. Thanks for all the information on the qualification process.

Good luck.

7. Riker

Riker Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015

8. Riker

Riker Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015
    They still do it! I am in the application process and after I send them all the paperwork, they end up asking for the some stuff again! They try to push their insurance on you and try to convince you that yours isn't good enough! I've jumped through so many hoops, I'm questioning if this company is any good at all!

9. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Lease to 101 transport maybe from what I hear it's a good place to be.

10. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    That man never even responded to my email.

11. NoobiDriver

NoobiDriver Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Is there any way to get on with them if you don't have a truck?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.