Is there an app for that

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by jimjam38, May 13, 2015.

1. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Okay don't ban me but I am about to utter two dirty words: toll roads. I know there is the ezpass pikepass, etc. but those of us who don't want to buy the units because I rarely use a toll road unless I am looking to save some time and just carry cash, is there an all in one app that you can get toll rates for just enter in your location and get the amount? I know there are a couple for specific states but not one all inclusive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    they're all expensive these days. almost a toss up. to avoid and burn the fuel or spend and save the fuel.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It's doubtful the developer could keep the app properly updated with incessant rate increases and it would always be pissing drivers off caught with too little money. Maybe for now, you can go to all the pertinent toll road authority web sites and print current listings that match your configuration, but each will be inaccurate within 12 months

5. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    [OTE="jimjam38, post: 4602672, member: 74702"]Okay don't ban me but I am about to utter two dirty words: toll roads. I know there is the ezpass pikepass, etc. but those of us who don't want to buy the units because I rarely use a toll road unless I am looking to save some time and just carry cash, is there an all in one app that you can get toll rates for just enter in your location and get the amount? I know there are a couple for specific states but not one all inclusive.[/QUOTE]

NA... we will not ban you yet.
    We will give a few smack up side of the head and kick you where it hurts, a few hugs here and there and a cup of coffee with a donut to just confuse ya.

No worries.

LOL

6. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Rand McNally TND730 gives toll rates by route. Or lets you avoid them.

7. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I would just check the Website of the particular toll road.
    A lot of them have pretty good websites.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So you want the best of both eh? Good Luck... :)

One of the reasons for them offering lower rates is because they get the money, on account, well ahead of actually using it... Not sure how an app would be able to get you lower rates while still letting you pay cash at the booth... Plus you would still need to stop instead of rolling through.

But if you find something let us all know.

9. jimjam38

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Thought as much. The virtual toll for Illinois is not mobile friendly and when I tried getting a rep on the phone flat out was told I needed to access the internet they wouldn't tell me the rates. When I mentioned that I didn't have access to one just my phone I got "well it is only for computers" and she disconnected the call. Some people.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    for those of us that dn't frequent the tolls. the information i've found is almost kinda useless when one doesn't know the names of the exits and whatever.

11. jimjam38

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Yep if you are not familiar with your entrance and exit points it is that much harder

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.