Is This Trucker Nuts?

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Puppage, Aug 16, 2016.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Puppage Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    My father in law drove truck in the early 90's for a short time, he once told me the guys driving Peterbilts were maniacs. I guess this proves that theory

mjd4277 and Puppage Thank this.
  4. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Given recent history and based on what I've seen over the past couple of years, Pete drivers usually are the first ones to try to get in the hammer lane but they're also the first ones to wreck.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The air intake for the engine is either on the side cans, side intakes at the hood behind the steers or under the very top of the hood at the windshield. Some trucks have the engine intake at the top of the radiator or to a side of.

You can ford deep water with a semi safely with the fuel tanks submerged if necessary. (I use a bar of soap inside the cap threads to make a temp seal prior to entering known bad weather that generates several feet of high water) I recall storms north of say wichita falls Texas or similar along US 287 which collect run off until the north south street intersections across 287 west/east was flowing several feet of water.

I consider this trucker a hero, not a nut. Those pipes wont get hurt none. And they get delivered. Everyone's happy.

Ooops Thanks this.
  6. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

Everyone is happy....unless you're the owner of the windows he blew out on the storefront. But I'm sure those windows were the least of their worries at that point

texasbbqbest, x1Heavy and Puppage Thank this.
  7. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I'll bet you the eye clinic owner(or their insurance company)will be looking for that driver to cover the costs of damages caused by his truck blowing out the windows.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im tempted to say the windows might be already a loss once a certain amount of water hit them. If it was not that truck going by specifically it would be someone else going by.

A note... FEMA issues flood insurance for water damage. We paid about 300 a month for years until we learned that our land and home at it's elevation never flooded dating back to when our county was formed in the early 1800's So we discarded the insurance expense.

Many do not buy FEMA flood insurance. So they will suffer. For those whose lands are marked A B or C for flood ratings against them, the premiums get expensive in a shocking hurry. Whatever you do in future, always seek good ground that does not flood. Wet yes but flood no. Then dig a approx 20 foot deep, 5 foot wide, 100 to 200 foot long stone loaded french drain along your property where the water flows most, usually along a driveway. Put down several dump loads of 2 inch or one inch stone down into that dug out trench, then cover with 3 feet of earth. That will be your best defense against a truly flooding rain that does happen now and then.

I hope you give these drains a try. We have three of them back then and they did well.

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    This trucker's nuts
    image.jpeg

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  10. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    X1 uses bars of soap to seal his tanks when he drives truck through deep water. Is there any situation in a truck X1 has not been through? I think not.

Please tell us more of your tales @x1Heavy.

No matter how tall they are i'll believe them all.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  11. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Hunt for Red October....."engage for silent drive!!"

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.