IS US EXPRESS go to begin with

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by realbigaaron987, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    In the real world, that's called overtime. However, I don't see the .32 guy getting .48 after 40 hours behind the wheel. I know what you're saying - that a .44 guy might be getting half the miles of the .32 guy; but that doesn't make the lesser pay any better. You're just working twice as hard for around the same money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skarface1983

Skarface1983 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2014
    depends on where you live weather or not you would have to team drive

4. carolinaboi28352

carolinaboi28352 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    @bigbluepeter.? Will us express hire me with a 5 soon to be 6 year old marijuana felony?

5. TranceEternal

TranceEternal Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Anytown, US
    I believe the cutoff is the offense must be at least 10 years old, but you can call the recruiting office and ask, 866-576-2979. They should be able to give you a straight answer on that one.

carolinaboi28352 Thanks this.
  6. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ
    Came here just to get an idea on the reality of this company. Was giving them some thought. One thing, and I'm coming from a business perspective on this, you guys gotta stop comparing this job to an hourly worker. You're not payed hourly. You're also really only paid by the mile on a small technicality. You're paid by the load. The cost of you running that load is based on how many miles the load is. That's it. You're not paid for detours at most companies, you're not paid for traffic, you're not paid for accidentally taking the route that's 50 miles longer. You're paid to move a trailer from point A to point B. Some companies start with a base salary, some companies pay a flat rate for every drop you make, when there's a load, a lot of companies pay for that downtime, if you have to load, you're payed for that load.... Even if you're a company driver, you're paid like you're your own business.

Bring that approach to things like this. Mileage pay is a big deal, nobody is denying that. But look into what other pays are involved. .32 might suck, but if you're also doing something like grocery stores where you have to stop and unload, usually you're paid for each pallet that comes off. So while you're making less per mile than the guy getting .48, you might actually be putting in LESS miles and coming out ahead all because you have to operate a motorized pallet jack and pretend to do work.

You gotta weigh the whole picture, not just the mileage pay. US Express from what I'm reading still sucks, just chiming in on that though.

7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    a question about the "company allows idling".... How does that work in States that don't allow idling past five minutes or so... The company may well say "when its 85 outside and the sun is beating down and heating up the truck so Ya... Idle away my friend" ... Thanks might nice it them... But what about the State then saying no? having an APU at that point would be mighty nice... lol

disclaimer: I am very new and only learning about such things... If my question is off base or based on incorrect information... Feel free to educate me... That's why I am here... To learn more.

peace,
    MD

8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Many states have anti-idle laws but no one actually enforces it.

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    IF you have a pet you can idle all you want......usxpress pet policy allows it.... almost all states will let you idle if you have a pet..... the pet has more rights than you do.....

10. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    That's a good question. Did you go through any type of rehab? If so that might help. Best way to find out though is to just call them and ask them.

carolinaboi28352 Thanks this.
  11. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009

Ive grossed over 15k so far this year, so yah they suck. LOL (and these are the slow months)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.