IS US EXPRESS go to begin with

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by realbigaaron987, Oct 21, 2014.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    BigBluePeter, welcome back from your hibernation.

BigBluePeter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aargilb

aargilb Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2015
    15K huh ? Are you a Trainer? Who is your FM( if you are out of Tunnel Hill) if you don't mind me asking. I am thinking of switching companies already after 3 months. USX is killing me with short runs but I still average 2500 to 2600 week. How are you doing it?

4. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Aargilb, are you on a dedicated account ? Best way to get consistent miles and paycheck.

5. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Just keeping a lower profile that's all and no one is asking much lately anyway.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  6. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Yes, Im a trainer. Im on track to make in the 80k range this year, but I keep at it. IF youre good they will keep you moving. After the observation period is up Ill team most of the time. Ill see 2500 mile runs doing that.

7. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    Made a joke about this pre plan they put me on today. 200 mile run. Told the FM "When did they make me a daycab driver?" He sends a message back saying "We don't have daycab drivers anymore." This would explain a lot about why my short runs have dramatically gone up.

8. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Vito, are you on a dedicated account ? My trainer did the RR Donnelly account. He said the miles were good on that.

9. Amw86

Amw86 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    How certain of that are you? Thanks.

10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    pet policy is a non refundable deposit (but transferable from truck to truck)of $500, payroll deduction of I think $50 a week so you only pay the deposit 1 time..

ADD I believe $25 a week to cover fuel

I'm a O/O now, I know the $500 is right but not sure what the weekly is.....I hear it's $25
    after you sign the pet policy the shop turns the idle limit OFF.... call and ask them about it

I didn't have my cat on the truck when I was a company driver because I refuse to have a cat declawed.....

11. XpressRed

XpressRed Bobtail Member

May 1, 2015
    Ohio
    I started out in a blue truck down in Texas but a little over a year later got in the red truck. I stayed with USX for a couple years till family pulled me off the road for a while. Without hesitation I came right back once I was able.

There are good and bad days in any industry. I find that my bad days are not the result of my employer when it come down to it. So, in answer to your question. Yes. USX is a good company to work for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.