J.B Hunt Intermodel

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Ike, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Think nothing of it. It is better to ask and find out about it than not.

I cannot think of a time that I have delivered in or around Chicago or St Paul. I have on occasion picked up in the metro areas with loads going to the Green Bay area but those are far and few between.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. afrank

afrank Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2015
    So it's pretty much pickup at railyards and head to wisconsin.

4. Ebola Guy

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
  5. afrank

afrank Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I really appreciate all the info u have Mon and Tuesday off are u home usually on Sunday sometime or Monday.

6. Ebola Guy

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    I get in Sunday afternoon/evening and head out Wed morning 8am.

7. afrank

afrank Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Thanks a lot for answering all my questions.Doesn't sound like a bad gig I think I'll give it a try.

8. Disgruntledriver

Disgruntledriver Light Load Member

Hello all.

I used to run Intermodal out of Los Angeles with Schneider for awhile, however many months, not quite a year. Of course I talked to a lot of JB hunt drivers, seemed to be quite happy. I have a contact, a recruiter who's direct number I have. He's told me to keep a weekly check in with him to see if a position opens up here in Phoenix Arizona, but he said it's very rare that anything local (home daily) opens up in Phoenix. He said being outside the company that the only place I could really sign on and get immediate financial assistance for relocation would be a place called Chester New York (no thanks...).

I would really like to run Intermodal out of Phoenix, although I could probably make a move to California if I had to. Is it true that it's really hard to get on doing local intermodal work here in Phoenix? Not regional mind you, but local home daily stuff. I see a lot of the day cabs running around here. Also I was curious, if I went and bought myself a tractor to run around locally (I know they use Intermodal O/O's for local work) would it improve my chances of getting on locally?

Thanks for any tips!

9. Dgeffert24

Dgeffert24 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2015
    I have the same question as davidh06 i am thinking aboout signing on with them just dont wanna get screwed over

10. njw4601

njw4601 Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Green Bay,WI.
    There are doing orientation in green bay, talked with a recruiter today about it.

11. DavidBrownTrucking

DavidBrownTrucking Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2007
    St. Louis
    I'm a local intermodal driver out of st. Louis. Well of course I can't speak specifically of arizona I do know one of our drivers was going to transfer out there but there was no available positions. Their terminal there as far as intermodal is not very big as far as the amount of drivers they have from what I hear.and I know for St Louis that the outside drayage carriers that we use generally have 10 or more trucks available to us. We don't just use a single owner operator here and there. so I wouldn't put your money on a truck thinking you're just going to do owner operator work for intermodal JB Hunt. I know in St Louis at least anyway that the times when we're really slow we don't have anything available but to our drivers only. Plus you would have to have a proven safety track record that JB Hunt could look up before they would hire you on anyway as far as a drayage carrier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.