JB hunt accident

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Bigdawg98, Dec 4, 2009.

1. busterhound333

busterhound333 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2009
    morehead,ky
    if your good look'n big and tall you can drive for willie shaw...but if your short and just a runt you can only drive for JB hunt...:smt034lol :smt034

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    There were kids sent to the hospital is serious condition, their mom is also in serious condition in the hospital and you think it is a joking matter.:biggrin_25513:
    I hope not all willie shaw drivers are as shallow and callous as you.

Very sad for all involved.

Jody Larson, Pur48Ted and oh well Thank this.
  4. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio

I'm a JB Hunt driver. The memo I got on this wreck confirms what you are saying. The driver was said to be in a state of panic because he was on a restricted road, and was too worried about how to turn around or get out of this situation and ended up blowing through the intersection striking the van.

That video brought back some bad memories for me. The images are almost identical to my own accident a little over a year ago. Same silver Ford minivan. Only in mine, the minivan was the one who blew through the stop sign. Not much I could do here. The driver, a 70 year old man, was the only one in the van, he spent a few days in the hospital, but made it through okay. The area had a 55 mph speed limit, but it was pouring down rain at the time, I slowed down to around 35-40 as I approached the caution light you see dangling above my truck. The van was sitting at the stop sign, but for some reason I'll never figure out, when I approached the intersection he decided it was time for him to pull out into the intersection. I even remember yanking the wheel to the left after I hit him trying to get the mini van out of my grill as I rolled to a stop.

[​IMG]

This photo, along with the accident report, saved my butt. Having a digital camera in your truck pays off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.