JB Hunt DSC Family Dollar

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by sandal0906, May 2, 2010.

1. sandal0906

sandal0906 Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I27
    Im really thinking about going for this acct. Is there any one out there that could give me the low down on miles per week, or better yet what there actually making a week. I know what the website says, but I would feel alot better hearing it from someone who is actually out there working it. I work for a grocery company right now, so unloading product is nothing new to me. My biggest questions are pay, and home time and insurance, thanks for any help!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. olddog43

olddog43 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    well i drive for jb im on a sysco account out of front royal va;they make pretty good $$$ on family dallor but look at it this way man those family dallor stores are terriable to get in to and the accident rate on that account is threw the roof;and remember one more thing if you hit something JB-HUNT WILL FIRE YOU!!!!!! AND THAT AINT NO LIE!!!

sandal0906 Thanks this.
  4. banjo151

banjo151 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Will if you love your kids... DON,T

5. justanothercrzytrkdrvr

justanothercrzytrkdrvr Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Fort Worth Tx
    As with any company it is what you make it. I would agree that the FD account has a very high accident rate. It is in fact due to the places they deliver to. It is almost inevitable that you are going to hit something eventually. However, we could say the same holds true for anyone driving a truck because the longer your out here the higher your risk of an accident.

The FD drivers out of Winchester were a great group of guys when I was there back in 08. It is a physically demanding job which some may not like but to each their own. You will be dealing with inner city deliveries, minimum wage hourly employees at the stores and of course the general public.

The pay is pretty consistent with the area and I can't really say that in the 3 years I was there I heard anyone complaining about pay and they even had 2 owner operators on that account. As far as home time most of the drivers were home on the weekends. As for insurance its not the greatest in the world but not bad as compared to other large trucking companies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.