jb hunt lease purchase scam

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Trucker31, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Hey rollover... he is 20 years old and a wannabe.... who is full of advice...:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Yes I saw that and didn't want to embarrass him to much! He'll learn that some of old F'ers know what side the bread is buttered on and know that when it's dropped it will always fall on the buttered side!

As I said and have said many times in this forum, have the OPERATING CAPITAL before you jump on something! I just could not live hand to mouth and pay check to paycheck doing a stupid lease/fleece on a POS plastic Freightliner that when done paying for the thing you have NOTHING worth selling unless you have property where you can park it and part it out! LOL

He also does not understand that MOST of these L/P drivers will stand there and to your FACE tell you they are making $2000-$4000 a week because they are to embarrassed to tell you the truth that they are getting burned! I had an O&S L/P at the OH yard try to recruit me to the L/P side (I was company) but before he tried he was complaining that he was only getting about 2700 miles a week. O&S had CUT the L/P pay from .98 to .89 but he insisted that he was making $1200 a week after the truck! I can figure that in my head and told this "child" that he was full of BS and he wanted to fight me because I called him a lair! I just shook my head, laughed and finished hooking up so I could finish making MY $1000 company pay! I was dedicated NYC! I KNEW where the money was!

99.9% of these bottom feeder lease companies do NOT pay better than .98 CPM + that piddling fuel surcharge and we have ALL heard abut the miles these guys are NOT running! Yes some of these companies ARE getting 3000+ miles a week and they are the ones making fairly decent money but the MAJORS or Mega companies are NOT getting or giving the drivers the miles as they just want the truck paid for and the company to make money and screw the actual people who keep them in business! (ie: ARROW!) That truck can be leased so many times that the POS is falling apart from those "pay for the truck, company" drivers that have been in it and actually that's all an L/P driver is, a company driver stupid enough to pay for fuel, repairs, and everything else related to the truck! They THINK they have no forced dispatch but actually they are! They are given several "choices" of where to go. HMMM, an O/O can actually pick and choose because he will have a couple of good brokers or shippers he works with who know where he wants to go and his limitations on where he goes or hauls!

But what do I know? I've only been doing this for 32 years and am finally medically out for a while! I'll probably forget more than he knows by tonight! I'm also an arse in my older years! ROFLMAO! But I will never lie to someone who truly wants to learn with an open mind!

4. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Won't embarrass him anymore than the advice he is putting out...:biggrin_25523:

5. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    And what would you know about anything having to do with "bussiness" ... much less trucking?

You can't even drive a truck interstate by law because your not old enough ... so you don't even have the experience to comment on driving for anybody - much less lease purchase.

You can pull all the names out of your backside you want ... you have never even driven professionally - much less leased ... you don't have a clue what your talking about.

The best reason you can give - and your "parroting" another member of this forum??

This person is a "troll" at best - company shill at worst, and not credible in any sense of the term ...

Just the kind of simple mindedness, and general cluelessness the predatory leasing companies look for.

:biggrin_25510:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  6. Jayshawn89

Jayshawn89 Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    how the hell can you tell me my friends and family dont make money and the lease!!!!!!

7. Jayshawn89

Oct 12, 2009
    texas

AGIAN TELL ME I'm LYING that NOBODY WHO LEASES MAKES MONEY!!!!

8. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

yes J.B. makes money.

9. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I think before you go offering advice to people on a trucking site that one you should be old enough to work for a trucking co and two you should have first hand knowledge of something. I know a lot of people in trucking. I have been a L/O and a company driver. I have worked for big carriers and small. I have pulled tanks, flats, doubles, and boxes. I know of far more failures in L/O than people who have survived doing it. What I am tired of is you arguing with people who have exp in this field. I have read a lot of good advice on here from vets then I stumble across all of your rants telling vets they don't know what they are talking about.

Take your teenage advice and go join a skipping school forum until you get some real life exp. You are not even old enough to buy a beer and yet you are running off at the mouth telling people who know what they are talking about that they have no clue. Run along now sonny before you get a timeout and have to stand in the corner...

sewerman and zentrucking Thank this.
  10. Jayshawn89

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    'Landstar is closer to being an O/O,I will concede that.And would even suggest they and a couple of others set up like them are a good stepping stone to running your own authority.You can even run your own numbers and use Landstar'

FOR one you cant read i wrote land star is an all O/O!!!!
    landstar doesnt lease but then again you you can sign on with them which be the same as leasing you just dont make you truck payment to them! thats the only difference

A company driver can make a change to their carrier in a matter of weeks with no financial loss(except down time),an L/P looses whatever investment he or she had in that L/P agreement.By the way the "P" in L/P seldom equates to a driver getting their truck.And even when they do it is generally already out of warranty,and well on it's way to being obsolete with modern emission laws coming online.

But your not stating all the facts and your right about comapny drivers. but the L/O decides to move he may walk away with money. If the driver has unused money in a escrow he gets that i know companys have a $5000 cap and when that full you can take that out but into a savings acoount and start the escrow back over. and please quit being biased about leases. if you have a company driver who has been there 5 years he has nothing to show for it except what he made. A lease driver now owns that truck he has been driving. and do you know what he can do with that got to the dealer abd put that down towards his next truck FROM THE DEALER SPEC"D THE WAY THE DRIVER WANTS and most let you lease that truck on back to the same company i cant say all becuase i dont know if all will!
    And about the Emissions laws most companys will let you trade your lease truck with a newer truck before the end of the lease if your really wanted another truck.
    And most leases you can walk away from because so if a lease driver leaves they may just talk the next company driver into it!

11. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Son, You're 20 years old. You are going on hearsay. Did you NOT see where I said an L/P will stand there and to your face lie to you? Yes SOME L/P drivers will make SOME money but not as much as a company driver in the same company! Why do you think MY old company O&S out of Missouri got rid of the company drivers and went all L/P and O/O? So THEY would NOT have to pay ANY of the operating costs of the truck and STILL screw the drivers out of a substantial amount of the freight rate! I constantly made MORE money than the L/P drivers and so did the rest of the company drivers at O&S! And so do most of the company drivers with smaller "care about their drivers" companies.

You can spout off at the mouth all you want sonny boy but giving us one or two "examples" of how good L/P drivers have it is BULL! We can ALL do the math and so can you! Take what ever your heroes are making per mile then divide that by how many miles he gets per gallon for the MPG then multiply by an average cost of fuel TODAY then add all the other costs such as insurance, oil, tires, repairs (yes you make a payment every week to your savings to pay for those high dollar costs! it's called your OPERATING COSTS) I think I mentioned that, and ask this hero of yours how much he has in his OP account and all the other costs he has per week. Ask him how much he sets aside for taxes and ask him if he files quarterly or yearly. If he says yearly ask him why he would pay the penalty for paying yearly instead of quarterly Yes son there is a penalty for being CHEAP! He's in it to MAKE money NOT throw it away!

Ask him if he has MEDICAL insurance for him and his family (unless wife has one with HIM on it) and a DISABILITY policy such as AFLACK. NOT that stupid workers comp he has to have as that is a JOKE when it's needed! It pays NOTHING but what you paid in taxes for the last year! Then ask him why he DOESN'T have the insurance he needs to keep himself alive?

When done asking him these few questions ask him what his NET pay is after ALL the expenses. $300 -$600 is NOT good money! Yes, to a 20 year old it might be and to someone getting screwed by the fleece it's good money but to me and the rest of us with the experience, thats chump change! That's what rookies make a week! That's what I made 20 years ago! That's $27,000 a year NET (45 weeks out not 52! You HAVE to take some time off! Break downs and other no loads sitting time) ! So L/P is a joke and will always be one!

But you'll keep swearing as a 20 year old, that you know whats what in the world of trucking! I don't care if Daddy and Granddaddy were truckers, it's not passed down in the DNA!My 15 year old has many miles on him from "riding" with me but it doesn't make him a trucker any more than you are!

I can't wait to see what your answers to my questions to you to your hero are! BUT get him to SHOW you the paper work! THAT'S where most L/P's quit arguing with you is when you want to SEE the proof! He should have an L/P statement he keeps every month. L/P being the PROFIT and LOSS excel sheet or what ever he uses as he's a business man! NOT that excuse of a pay stub! ROFLMAO!

The FINAL questions will be how much are your HOME bills? These cost of living costs will be rent/mortgage, electric, water, food, clothing, car payment and Christmas and birthday costs and any of the other costs of living he has.Subtract these for his NET and then tell me he's making good money!

Sorry, but I love a good debate with know it alls!

oneshot and notarps4me Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.