JB Hunt out of San Diego - any knowledge of best runs?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by tbrown_sd, Jun 19, 2015.

1. tbrown_sd

tbrown_sd Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    So, we're taking a look at companies other than just the one my husband is pre-qualified for. He spoke briefly with a recruiter from JB Hunt today and is supposed to do an app by phone tomorrow. Does anyone have knowledge of what JB Hunt has with drivers residing in San Diego, CA? Dedicated (regional?) or other that would offer decent home time and miles?

Also, does JB Hunt pay practical miles or something else?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    He wouldn't run out of San diego, they have a drop yard they use in otay mesa but he would probably do regional out of Los Angeles (southgate). If that's the case I would tell him to decline, I used to work out of that office and the regional fleet manager and regional planner are not that good

4. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    If he runs local out of southgate he can make up to 1300 a week depending on how hard a worker he is

tbrown_sd Thanks this.
  5. tbrown_sd

tbrown_sd Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Hey there. I just realized you had posted your experience as an FM... can you tell me a couple of things?:
    1. How does JB Hunt route their miles? Practical...something else?
    2. What are the rules that create the biggest issues for drivers? I know you can't use a cell phone while driving; even with a bluetooth...
    3. If you lived in San Diego, what would you try to run of what's available?
    Thanks in advance!

6. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Well for local drivers they pay hub miles (every mile you drive). Everyone uses cell phones when they drive, drivers come in with their Bluetooth in their ear, not that big of a deal at all, obviously if you get a ticket or accident for it that's another issue.

My best advice from him to be successful is for him to use the obc (on board computer, similar to Qualcomm etc)

7. polytrucker

polytrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Garden Grove Ca
    I'm with jb out of orange county. I do regional off on the weekends maybe layover twice or three times a week. I do dcs acct every acct is different with different pay. I get the zip code miles pay so im actually shorted every load. The only issues you need to control is yourself get the job done on time dont stress out and you'll be good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.