jb hunt put false info in my file

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by duckdiver, Mar 19, 2016.

1. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    I quit jb hunt a while ago, I was applying for a new job this week when the hr lady of the company I applied for told me jbhunt said the reason I quit was because I violated company policy. There was no other elaboration.

That's false, I think it was retribution for quitting. I was an exemplary driver, even got "promoted" to fleet manager at intermodal. I left intermodal because they gave me a garbage schedule and wouldn't give me a better one even after I had seniority on new college kids. Their reason was that I'm good with rookie drivers who I had to train and the rookie drivers would get the crap schedule.

Also I had one driver threaten me in front of all the other fms (he was fudging his activity sheet, his former fm paid him whatever he put but I wouldn't). Upper management didn't handle that case well, they didn't want to pay his unemployment so they didn't fire him until he threatened them a few months later.

I then went to the dcs jack in the box account. Office staff was much better and professional but they paid way less than what they said I would be making. Basically they subcontracted the work from mbm, pays $12 a stop, 40 cents a mile. Fueling and pallet unloading are free. Regular mbm guys would probably make 70 to 80k on this account, the top senior jb drivers would barely break 60k. My average was $150 day for close to a 14 hr day

Anyways, I was sent for a drug test with the company I applied to and was told I would be contacted next week sometime for a road test. I hope I still get the job despite what jb hunt falsely put on my record.

It's really upsetting these guys would smear my name. I always thought they were a decent company who paid too little but now I can't reccomend them at all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I couldn't recommend them either, from numerous similar reports.

4. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    Sounds like it's your fault because company like this you don't leave them and wait to look for another job i work them and when i'm ready to leave i will just mail them the uniforms and request a signature and a nice letter saying that i resign and i'm already working for the next company so no time for their craps because once you leave them they will try to screw you over anyway i have seen them doing it. At my home terminal if you give them a 2 weeks notice they will find a reason to fire you before your 2 weeks notice is over.

5. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    How is it my fault? I gave my 2 weeks, I didn't just quit on the spot like how 98% of drivers do.

6. duckdiver

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Jb hunt is ok if you want to get off the road right away and have a for sure local job without doing any real leg work (going to interviews etc). Much better paying local gigs out there, hourly is the way to go imo

7. matt1502

matt1502 Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I never had any of these problems. I left JB Hunt a year ago and they keep calling/emailing me to come back.

8. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    I left JB Hunt nineteen years ago and they keep calling/emailing me to come back. (No just kidding...I did leave them almost exactly nineteen years ago and they did keep calling for awhile, but it let up after maybe six months or so.)

9. matt1502

matt1502 Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    So you were an FM that drove?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.