JBHunt West Region I-5/Stockton Info please

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by 101truckman, Jun 18, 2015.

1. 101truckman

101truckman Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Ca.
    Any current or recent JBHunt drivers have any current info/advice on running I-5 West region?

Am out of Monterey county & after seeing a craigs ad & speaking with a recruiter today I`m really considering going to Stockton orientation in 2 weeks & would like to know beforehand as much info as possible about any & all "strict company policies" plus what to expect to expect at orientation,

some questions I forgot to ask: any layover/breakdown pay? idle policy? smoking allowed in trucks?
    year & type of trucks they assign in Stockton? forced dispatched? chain up in winter?

Was told would run Ca/Or/Wa/Id/Nv/Co/Az/Nm/Ut/Tx, 14 out/2 off, 48k-54k yr, avg 2250 miles/week,
    39-42cpm, allowed to take truck home(this is big plus),
    1200w inverters pre-installed in-trucks,

Today been reading good & bad on them here on ttr and they sound to have other good division/options one could switch over into should region not work out.
    Having my cdl for 2yrs I have about 6 mos combined OTR & local aggregate exp & trying to make best decision possible on which which larger co to go with... will need to stay at least 6-12mos to obviously gain more exp plus...so my resume does`nt look like I`m job hopping.

Hopefully someone out there can give me some recent, good solid insight on Stockton terminal, or suggestions & personal exp`s with this particular region.
    Thank`s in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 101truckman

Apr 21, 2015
    Ca.
    anyone??..no info? not even of their strict company policies I`ve heard of?
    Thank`s!

4. polytrucker

polytrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Garden Grove Ca
    I'm with JB hunt DCS , so far so good. Its an okay company

101truckman Thanks this.
  5. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    I drive for JB but not in Cali so my answers may not be 100% on target.

Layover / breakdown pay. For us in Chicago, it kicks in after 90 minutes. The rate depends on the terminal's policy. But it'd probably be in the neighborhood of $15/hr.

Idle policy. Here in the midwest the trucks are set to shutdown after 10 minutes between 20 and 70 degrees. We have Esbar bunk heaters that do good enough job keeping you warm.

Smoking policy. Only thing I have seen regarding smoking was No Smoking during certain types of hazmat loads.

Yes to forced dispatch but if you tell them that you can't legally, safely, yada yada yada do the load, they can get you another load. But our job is to move freight, not belly ache over it. Besides most of our loads are drop n hooks, so it shouldn't be an issue.

About the inverters, I don't know. I'm driving a 2014 Freightliner and it doesn't have an inverter. I know for those with a CPAP machine they get one installed but are they installed off the bat? I couldn't tell ya.

101truckman Thanks this.
  6. 101truckman

Apr 21, 2015
    Ca.
    Well other day got notice of being turned down, according to email....something about my credit report which is`nt that bad but do have bankruptcy,
    have clean dmv & criminal background so couldn`t be this..oh well their loss.

Thank`s all & stay safe!!

7. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    They don't do a credit check where they see your score if that's the case, 80% of their current drivers wouldn't work there. Probably someone is using your drivers license number/stole your identity or it was a typo when they ran you, I'd call asap and check

101truckman Thanks this.
  8. 101truckman

Apr 21, 2015
    Ca.
    Thanks duckdiver....Just to make sure no one is/was using my license# or stole my identity...as suggested, I called JB & they told me that one of my past employer references that is local & not OTR does`nt have a DOT Authority which in turn exp. cannot be verified so this brings me under the required 6 mos amount of exp necessary for JB to hire me & is only reason why turned down or delayed until Oct 2015,

yea I have had doubts running with JB...but I was approved elsewhere recently so no big loss

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.