JBS / Cargill / Lineage

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Sham3R, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Sham3R

Sham3R Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2016
    AZ
    The location ships for all three companies however the main building is a JBS facility.

Address is 600 S Iowa Ave, Ottumwa, IA

Every time I have gone to pick up a load from them it has been a Preloaded Trailer. Keep in mind this has been my experience with this shipper during my time with Central ( Swift ) Your experience may vary!!

The BAD

1) Trailer IS NEVER LOADED BY DROP DEAD TIME!!

2) Trailer has been OVER GROSS EVERYTIME!

3) Expect an Average wait on site of 5-6hrs to get your load.

And the closest Truck Stop is approximately 50-60miles away.

The Good!

1) About 10-15 spots for bobtails to park in the staging area provided no one parks like a jerk.

2) You can usually pull an 8/2 or 10 SB break while waiting if you get there early!

3) The Scale on site is EXTREMELY ACCURATE!! I had a tiny difference from the drive to the closest CAT Scale due to fuel expenditure so trust the scale they got there and run it!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Yeah all cargills are the worst,hope you you never have to go to the Friona,Tx location.Heads up though,if you run past siowa st to the light and make a left theres a truckstop on the right hand side.Think they have a restaurant too.

Sham3R Thanks this.
  4. Sham3R

Sham3R Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2016
    AZ
    They have S Iowa under construction right now so I might have missed it due to the Detour..

5. Finfn1372

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Yeah when you're coming up the 34, just make a left on the 63,and it's right on the right handside.It's a kum@go I believe,you won't have a problem finding parking,that's where I liked staying when I was waiting.

Sham3R Thanks this.
  6. Sham3R

Sham3R Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2016
    AZ
    I'll keep that in mind for next time lol I'm on my 2nd load from them in the last wk.. Last time I waited for 11hrs was so mad I could have snuck a 34 in if I hadn't started my clock to get there last time..

7. Finfn1372

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Yeah you can always count on getting a break in,I sat at the one in Friona for 3 days onetime,talk about heated.

8. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Cargill's are the worst. When I drove tanks, I would get loaded by them, drive to the shipping office and 6-10 hours later I finally had my bills.

9. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    6 to 10 hours is a long wait. Hopefully you were able to get some sleep during the waiting time and get it legally logged in as such.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Yes and yes. I did get good sleep at the plant

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  11. mwc1576

mwc1576 Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    JBS bought out the Cargill pork plants in Ottumwa Iowa and Beardstown Illinois. Cargill packing houses are notoriously awful. Especially pork. JBS should improve it tho. I would think.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.