JBS Carriers Greeley Colorado

Discussion in 'JBS Trucking' started by rickway65, Feb 15, 2011.

1. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

trailertrashtrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newladytrucker

newladytrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2012
    senoia, Ga
    I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go out for orientation with jbs.. I've seen a few posts that's its hard for women to pass the ergo test... I guess ill see what happens. ... kinda worried now.

4. Jack&Jill Logistics

Jack&Jill Logistics Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Kerrville,Texas
    We have women who work here, and they are not the body building type. I think you have to lift 90 lbs. We haul meat, and sometimes you might have to help unload a few cases. So they are making sure u won't hurt yourself and then file a work mans comp claim. I have only had to unload or use a pallet jack a couple times in the 2 years I been here.

5. Daniel.trawick

Daniel.trawick Road Train Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Fort collins,co
    I drive one of the Pete's with the electric APU for FRE. They can last two nights if you use them only when you lay down to sleep and keep it turn off while you are awake. It can suck but you can find ways to make it work. If I am going to set I will send a MSG to my DM that I am not in my truck and if a load comes in to call. I also will run my truck for 10 mins tapping the clutch after 5 mins with the ac at full blast to get the cab cooled off. That way the APU doesn't have to work hard to get the cab cooled off. They also have a plug in on the driver side. Get a ext cord and you can plug in your truck. Runs the ac and charges the batts. On e you figure out who to work them they are not that bad. As far adhering rushed, not sure what that's about. In the past 40k miles I haven't been rushed once.

6. Jack&Jill Logistics

Jack&Jill Logistics Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Kerrville,Texas
    The guy was speaking of being rushed to pick up a load. Then sitting in Lap Porte/Houston for 2 days with an electric APU. So in his case. He would need his ac all day,because of the humidity in Houston. He said something about them calling him telling him the load was ready and needed to be picked up and he was like it doesn't even need to be down there till Tuesday and its only 700 something miles away. Think his truck number is 410 not sure a younger guy. He said he worked for Western Distribution b4 them, but got better miles at Western. Maybe you know who I'm talking about I don't know. I'm just going by what he said.

I know when I worked for a smaller company. I think the plant's would cry about loads sitting on their yard and not being picked up. So I think this was the case not sure. Think he was just saying it because of the fact with his electric apu. To run down to hot texas and sit is a little crazy.

Grand Island use to be the JBS playground now its the FRE playground everywhere I looked there was an FRE truck. They are taking over lol.

Just in case that was his truck number he wasn't complaining the company sucked. Just the APU sucked when you got to sit in high humidity with a truck that cuts off every 5 mins. Can't recharge the APU. But he did figure out how to make it work. So might want to see how he rigged it up. Just in case you get caught in that situation. Was the first pete I seen. Seen a fre cascadia the other day.

7. goldnugget

goldnugget Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2012
    riverside ca
    You don't know what your talking about trks don't have apu's they only go 65 and they pay up to 0.40. the person I was talking to is a newbie. Maybe they'll only pay you 0.29 but thats not what they pay. Trks are band new just came in this year. They are set up with fridge and sirus radio and they'll run your butt off.

8. select stay

select stay Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2011
    greeley co
    will they hire u out of greeley n how about a number

9. FXDLTRUCKA98

FXDLTRUCKA98 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2012
    California
    wait till you get around page 370 more drama then general hospital :biggrin_25523:

pete1 Thanks this.
  10. robthesailor

robthesailor Medium Load Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Lufkin Tx.
    Only a few more weeks till my anniversary...do they automatically pay your vacation pay the payday after your year or do you have to remind them? "The #69 KY JELLY TOYOTA CAMRY HAS BEEN MOVING IN AND OUT UP THROUGH THE FIELD AND JUST PASSED 3RD AND SLIPPED INTO THE #2HOLE!

11. Tennessee Trucker

Tennessee Trucker Heavy Load Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Winchester,Tn.
    Yes he is and he also a named plaintiff in the CRST sexual harrassment lawsuit funny huh? Wonder if they do background checks before they hire a safety director, Di they run his DAC Report LOL....:biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.