JJ's Place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a cool phone and some thing i will definately have to check out. Yep we used to be at Central. I left there back in January. went to work for Cargo Express and things started to go south, now i am working for Motor West. I will be sure to get jess to take photos when she is back on the truck. I will see how much i love it when winter comes.:biggrin_255: JJ.

alex94 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jjranch

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    I also have found it some what difficult to sleep during the day especially if it is hot out.

I wish you the best and i hope you come across a good fit.

I am looking into the Rand McNally GPS for my next purchase. i had a PC Miler but the on/off button broke 30 days after i bought it. I still have our Garmin we use in the car but after a few years of abuse its about time to retire it. JJRanch.

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I have the rand TND500.
    It is not too bad of a unit and gets better every 6 months or so.
    They still need to do some tweaking on a few things though to make it more user friendly. On multi stop trips it takes time to set up, and if you need to set a via point it treats it like a stop. Normally this would not be an issue, but the unit does not allow you to see the full miles and time, only that particular leg.
    Thus it is not the planning tool that it could be.
    They are also trying out a new map company now. No idea when or how that will pan out.
    Still waiting for a major map update. The drivers have been sending in fixes that they find on truck routes that are not correct, and clearance issues that still need to be fixed.
    But the map overlay update still is not on the unit. As it is now all the units on the market all have exactly the same truck route and clearance info. When they get the update out it will be much much better than any other company has.
    This is mostly due to the fact that towns and county's and states sometimes have conflicting info on some routes. So it is flawed on all GPS systems and programs.

5. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Police scanner?, I also have the Droid. I downloaded PDAnet did the 30 day trial then purchased it for 30 bucks I think. Now it uses my data package so costs me nothing per month it is great. The GPS is great I use it every trip I can't wait to get my TND 500 or 700 but for now this phone is great. I can't find the police scanner application, Chompi you have the name of it? Thanks

6. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Don't they make a simple unit for us non cunfuser/ed older people that just don't get the new technology? Just want a unit that is easy to use and doesn't take a genius to figger out!!!
    Currently have my QC unplugged. Seems that I may have left the reefer on just a tad to long while pretripping it and now, every stinking hr, I'm getting 2 different msg's related to that. What makes it worse, is that the stupid bozo's who decided we needed this program, won't allow anybody on the weekends to turn it off. My solution was to just unplug the dang QC and save my sanity. Screw em.
    Hope your having fun JJ AND doing lots and lots and LOTS of PT. hehehehehehe

7. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    "Scanner Radio" is the name of it. There are a few different ones but I found this one to be the best and its free. That #### "paper toss" game is addicting too!

8. jjranch

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN

I get it in when i can, it keeps me healthy, but mostly just playing evaluator and referee. It also looks like the AT might get cut short. I cant get into it now but i might be back on the road sooner than expected. JJ

9. jjranch

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think that sounds similar to some of the problems on the PC miler but i heard that the TND is more user friendly.JJ

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    that paper toss game is pretty cool. LOL.

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Chrome,

I feel you on moving to a better company. I wish you good luck in finding one. You have facebook by any chance???

PF,

Dont they ever leave you alone??? You deserve a break.

JJ,

Congrats on the move and good to see you are doing well.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.