JJ's Place

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Hey there KH, good to see you posting again. How's life going?
    Usually, there ok about leaving me alone but sometimes........and thats the ones ya'll usually hear about.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Life sucks as I have shingles, a form of Chicken pox. So Im sitting at home and just letting my meds and mother nature do her magic.

4. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well it looks like only a couple of days and i will be back to driving again. I guess that means Jess will be back on the truck sooner than expected. I will call the Company Tomarrow to coordinate getting back on the truck probably on Wed. JJRanch.

5. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Well lets see, came out on Tue. morning, here it is Monday, have 3480 paid miles and am doing a rest. Kewl!!! Hope to do it again after the rest. Went OKC to Dodge City to King of Prussi, PA to Newark, NJ, to Waco.
    Got chewed out yesterday by one of the weekend DM's cause I was unplugging my QC. Wahhh. Nothing has been said today tho and they did get the problem fixed. YEA!! No more reefer alerts every hr when it wasn't even turned on.
    KH, shingles!! Yuck and ouch!!!!

alex94 and The Challenger Thank this.
  6. jjranch

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well i am finally back. Ill call Motor west in the am and try to be back out on the road by this WED. Ill be trading in the Army uniform for blue jeans and T-Shirts well that is for a few weeks atleast. Some times its hard when you have two professions that you enjoy. it makes you miss one of them while you are doing the other. JJRanch.

The Challenger and alex94 Thank this.
  7. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    You were not gone long enough, Was the training delayed or something? Welcome back, I hope it goes well out there. I am awaiting the call that you suggested I go with.. Thanks. TD.

8. jjranch

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    I can't discuss why it ended early on an open forum. but the remaining training left will be tacked on to future drill dates per Chain of command. Good luck and i hope they give you a call. JJ

truckerdaddy24 Thanks this.
  9. jjranch

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    I got the key to my truck back today and started to move in the few items that were in my pick up. They fixed the issues i had listed with the truck while i was gone as well as took out the progressive shifting setting in the ECM. I will see if it worked when i take off for Cali in the early am. They are going to have a look at a few minor things on the truck that i found while doing a pre pre trip this afternoon and wire in my power inverter so it will be ready to go when i leave. I also picked up the replacement fuel card for the yard so i am good to go there. I will load the reat of my gear in my pick up later on tonight after i get some sleep. With that being said i better get to sleep and ill post more later. JJRanch.

truckerdaddy24 and alex94 Thank this.
  10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    My dispatcher called me yesterday all upset.
    They got the call from Crete checking my employment lol.
    He wants me to stay and says that he can get me the miles I need. He can do nothing about the short mileage pay, already knew that. I just hope that the company eventually gives into the pressure.
    So I am going to stay for a while and see how it goes. I asked him about swapping over to system if he thought that would give me more miles. He said that he could run me like a system driver and that I would get as many or more miles.
    System is home every other week and not every week like regional. Not really an issue. Since if I changed company's I was going to have to go full OTR and be home only once a month.
    I will go ahead and start working on getting my hazmat anyway. Since I will get an extra cent per mile here for it, and the other company's I am looking at all require it.

Stuck in the Northeast for now. I was already here when I talked to him yesterday, so now he has to try and get me out.
    Crap loads up here. All are drop and hook pickup, but all have too much time on them and live unloads. All of the D+H on both ends loads are taken by the NE regional fleet.
    So I deliver at 2000 here in New Hampshire, then I have to deadhead over to Portland ME for Poland spring. Cannot pick that up till 1900 tomorrow though. So I will have to sit and wait.
    Then it is only going 500 miles, and I cannot get it unloaded till Thursday at 1700. So more sitting. I will plan to stay out this weekend if he can get me some good loads west or south. But this pay period is already FUBAR. No way I will get over 2200 miles.

11. fulgrwnmn

fulgrwnmn Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2008
    whitehouse,oh
    ok.........petes are cool, hardly functional though or profitable, but u da badd butt runnin down da road, me........well...........I just get there, and when I step out of the truck is what really counts.........

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.