Jms cedar rapids iowa, not for everyone but i love it

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Iowalobertarian, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Iowalobertarian

Iowalobertarian Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Midwest
    Okay so as the headline says not for everyone but I love it here because there's good miles I'll be working good dispatch goodshop home every weekend good money I've been here about 4 years now done just about everything they do I found my Niche you could find yours too

nightgunner and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good for you. Glad you've found a home.

Lonesome and Iowalobertarian Thank this.
  4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    They always have seemed like a decent company. Have worked side by side with you guys before I got off the road in April.
    Nice drop and hook loads at International Paper (Cedar River) in Cedar Rapids, and Standard Distribution in Cedar Falls.
    Nice guys, nice equipment.

nightgunner Thanks this.
  5. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Would you recommend these guys for an O/O?

6. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Given your location and what I know about them, absolutely....as far as the company as a whole goes. Don't know the pay structure and/or what costs the company picks up....but I know O/O's are extremely happy there.

nightgunner Thanks this.
  7. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Thanks! I live about 10 minutes from their yard and just got off the phone with Riley. I told him I am extremely interested in probably making the switch after the 1st of the year. It sounds like the money may be there, thankfully, my overhead is quite low so I don't need 10,000 miles a week at $5/mi. (though I would not turn $5/mi. down).

8. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Cool! I'll wave at you the next time my Boss sells some corn to ADM...I drive by the old RFK terminal all the time.

9. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
  10. Iowalobertarian

Aug 16, 2016
    Midwest
    Ok update, not saying its a bad company,scott is a great guy. just my niche is no longer there, i will no longer endorse this company, my personal values and goals are no longer an intrest to the day to day operational tempo and core principals of certain people in charge of daily operations. I will not give specifics.

11. Iowalobertarian

Aug 16, 2016
    Midwest
    Another update due to change of said operations i am no longer with this company, they treated me fairly and with honesty, to the best ability that they could despite certain handicaps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.