Jobs in North Dakota around oil towns help please

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by widespread panic, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Highway Hypnosis

Highway Hypnosis Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    The Bakken is shut down. Nuverra is declaring bankruptcy. The new hires have only worked 2 days in 2 weeks. I'm jumping off this sinking ship.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winter Storm

Winter Storm Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2015

I say this in a humorous context, But why doesn't this surprise me.

4. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

glad hubby got out of it when he did....he is now at a concrete co. working on the haul side (where they stock pile) no he isnt making the money he was in the oilfield but is CLEARING $1000. a week after health insurance, taxes and life insurance and hes home every night...off weekends. got a pete with about 50,000 miles on it, hauling a high cube end dump....they cover his health insurance..and the cost of mine is reasonable (for nowadays anyway) the insurance is pretty good too. he left the oilfield last oct....

5. Highway Hypnosis

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    Nuverra is dead. The entire Bakken is a joke. Nobody is drilling. Nuverra just lost 15 drivers to Cascade.. then Cascade put on a hiring freeze. Several drivers have already quit. Many (such as myself) have filed for underemployment. I just applied for a railroad electrician job for BNSF.

6. Winter Storm

Winter Storm Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2015
    What does the Minot/Stanley district have left for drivers?
    A guy that I am friends with hauls production water at night and he said Cascade is taking a bunch of the Oasis work in a couple of weeks. He said Cascade bid $2.20 a barrel and took away a bunch of work from Nuverra. You heard anything about this?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  7. Highway Hypnosis

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    :biggrin_25510::biggrin_255::biggrin_25526::biggrin_25517::biggrin_25518::biggrin_2552::biggrin_25514::biggrin_2559:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Winter Storm Thanks this.
  8. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    well a little good news is the state recently had a state oil lease auction and every single lease sold they will have 3 years to drill them or loose them. but yeah things are slow for now. if your not already established in oil and gas i would not try to get in right now even if you get a job you will likley be disappointed. i think things will eventually turn around however. but it will never be what it once was.

Highway Hypnosis Thanks this.
  9. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Beware!! If you are or were working as a 1099 contract employee you will not be eligible to receive any unemployment benefits of workers compensation

mnmover Thanks this.
  10. old time

old time Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Companies don't pay out unemployment. They pay a tax on your salary for FUI(federal unemployment) and SUI (state unemployment). They pay that on every check you receive, it's a % of your pay so they get no benefit by not laying you off. However, as previous poster said you can draw unemployment if you are available for work and they offer you no work.

Highway Hypnosis Thanks this.
  11. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    Not entirely true. There are still rigs drilling. Half as many as latey, but still 91 of them working. I'd be careful making public statements about nuverra (or any other large company) online. I'm sure they have internet trolls that watch out for this sort of stuff. Not disagreeing about them but just be careful what you say online...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.