Just applied to swift what to expect?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Santah, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    More like three days a year.

rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I normally take 3 days per month, and I usually get there within 1 day (+ or -, or right on) of my requested date.

That may not be the case this time, though.
    I'll be in SC on the 10th with a ht request for the 16th near Sacramento, CA.
    With freight so up in the air these days I'll be very lucky to get there on time.

4. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    You will be. I can not even get one to Columbus, are 3rd largest terminal

5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well if I can't get there within a couple days of that date I'll have to cancel that home time.
    The next 2 are too important, with a doctor visit in early to mid May and then picking up my daughter for a ride along early June.

6. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    That is what I had to do. Cancel mine and make it 7 days later. No excuse not to get me home since I know that they will keep me in this area which is going to (*^%

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Some insider information would be nice.
    Where is all the freight?
    Is Swift just hiring as many people as they can regardless of the supply and demand?
    Are they trying to push drivers with some time out for rookies?

It should be getting better by now, but it doesn't seem like it is.

8. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    All that I can say is what I have been seeing. Taking loads to areas that they say are overbooked only to show up and all of a sudden there is nothing. I have been seeing this too much lately. I know other l/o that are seeing the same thing, take loads to areas that are dripping with freight only to show up and all of a sudden, nothing, and I am still remembering what happened to me in Iowa the other day, planners saying that they are working on PTA's, and I watch 3 company trucks show up, PTA's after me, and loaded before me.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  9. Trucker47

Trucker47 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    There going to keep company trucks loaded before l/o

10. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Yep. Heard that over 9 months ago. Of course when ask DM's, they deny it. Back last year when a video came out and they talked about the company trucks getting a average of 2800/wk, many of us where fighting for 2200. Actually had the VP of the O/O division tell me that everyone in the company was hurting. Asked her why a video comes out talking about company averaging 2800 and l/o 2200, and she walks away.

11. Subutai

Subutai Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Nice to know I'm not the only one getting low miles. I feel bad for the l/o's and o/o's if they're getting the same or less than me.

I purposely chose the reefer side for more consistent miles.. Can't even get to gold being out 6 weeks at a time. Thinking about testing my luck with dry van

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.