Just got fined a whopping $5600, need a good lawyer

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by teamgreen1, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    The eighth doesn't apply, we work in a federally mandated industry, the fines are part of it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    8th Amendment, that's funny, this guy is lucky he isn't in jail and his rig has a $1000 tow bill and $100 a day storage fee on it because he didn't follow OOS order.

passingthru69, joseph1135 and Luke628 Thank this.
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    As he should have.

passingthru69 and chalupa Thank this.
  5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I would have to agree with this. If I or my equipment were put OOS,.. I wouldnt dare try to operate with out fixing what ever the problem was first.

He can very easily get a restricted Class A CDL using his dually pickup. Not sure about other states,.. but here in Fla the cost difference between Class C and Class A is not that much. Its $40 just to do a change of address for Class C. My wife just did hers and had to jump through hoops to get it done. Seems the license itself isnt enough,.. even though here in Fla they make you jump through hoops to get this little star on it that is supposed to show that you showed everything they needed the first time and not supposed to have to jump through all those hoops again,.. well,.. not true. They still treat you like an illegal no matter what. I still have my license registered at our other house,.. F em,.. I still own the house.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.