Just got my Class A, looking for a Job

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by DAFT911, Oct 24, 2016.

1. DAFT911

DAFT911 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2016
    Walnut, California
    Hello fellow truckers!

My name is Pete, just got my Class A license last week and now Im looking to do some team driving for an auto hauler.

I have limited experience, when I had my permit my buddy let me drive some hauls from LA to Tracy, CA; LA to Phoenix, AZ; and LA to Vegas, NV for about 2 months. Its not on my official experience record, however, the experience is there.

I have no family and no significant other which means Im looking to WORK. I'm 32, healthy and need to make some money to get caught up on everything. Thank you in advance for the opportunity!!

Respectfully,
    Pete J. Dominguez III

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good news. Best of luck to you.

4. TruckDrivingtn

TruckDrivingtn Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Maryville Tn

Welcome. Does your Buddy have an opening? Otherwise I would get working on the now Hiring section we have here. You will typically go through training with any company you start with.

crb Thanks this.
  5. DAFT911

DAFT911 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2016
    Walnut, California
    No opening for someone without 1 year experience.
    This is why I am looking for something on TruckersReport.

6. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    You are going to have a hard time starting out in car haul without at least a year of truck driving experience and a clean record

Honestly not many openings for teams in car haul.

7. goose0324

goose0324 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2015
    try indeed.com or craiglist.com

8. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    I first want to congratulate you on getting your CDL. Now you have a license to learn. Yes we learn a lot in school but we really only learn the basics. The real learning is done when you finally get exposed to some Road time. There's a lot that is required with car hauling and most companies are going to require that you have a few years under your belt before you start operating and driving their equipment. I hope I don't sound too disappointing but if you get yourself some experience for a few years you will be better qualified to jump into car hauling because there is a lot to it on top of knowing how to operate a commercial vehicle. The other thing is car haulers do a lot of swinging from side to side and they handle the road a lot differently than most other 18-wheelers because they are taller and the cars are always bouncing. Do yourself a big favor and get some experience before you get into car hauling. Good luck to you.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.