Just moved to Pittsburgh, Looking for a truck stop or yard to park at for my hometime

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Bright, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Bright

Bright Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    My wife recently moved to the pittsburgh area and I am planning on taking my home time within the next week. Does anyone know a safe place to park my truck for 4 days? My company hasn't told me if I'll have a trailer on not, so I'm looking for options for both. I'd like to park within 45 minute drive of downtown so the wife doesn't have to drive to far to pick me up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    PA is a pain in the rear to find parking. and it isnt going to be easy that close to the metro pittsburgh area.

4. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I'd make some calls to some of the trucking companies in the area and ask if they have any ideas. Surely one of them could offer some type of solution....tough area, though. Good luck!

5. cpttuttle

cpttuttle Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    altoona,pa
    it's kinda hard.no truckstops in the immediate area.might try on neville island,i kinda remember a few areas around there.there's a wal-mart out in robinson township that i've seen trucks parked there.don't know about 4 days though.in the strip district,behind the main warehouse docks i've seen trucks parked there,but you will pay,and i don't think i would leave my truck there unattended.there is an industrial park on route 60,south of i79.the giant eagle food warehouse is in there.and you can park by giant eagle,but again,don't know if i would leave it there unattended.i think the closest truckstops are down on i-70.

6. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    I know of a place about 15 miles south of pittsburgh on 51

7. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Wal-mart in West Mifflin, PA. Ask first though. See plenty of trucks parked there on the weekend with trailers. Also, what area of Pittsburgh you live in?

8. devildawg89

devildawg89 Light Load Member

Wal-mart might be your best option. Believe someone said there was a place south on 51. Indeed, a very tough spot to find a place to park. Best of luck to you.

9. Jackie azen

Jackie azen Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Does anyone know where my boyfriend can park in pittsburgh pa been trying to find a place

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.