Just pull me over already

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by flatbeb mac, Jun 19, 2016.

1. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I'm on 70 in CO headed towards Denver, I get to Strasburg and a sheriff is in the meridian turning around. He rolls up on the truck behind me slows down and runs his dot number, moves up to me, does the same thing. Then passes me and gets in front me and slows down. I know he was wanting me to pass him, not gonna do it. (Then we passed another sheriff in the meridian.)

So the one in front of me gets on the off ramp, I see he doesn't have a turn signal on, do I know what his plan is. Sure enough I look in my mirror and here he comes down the ramp. Now he follows me for several miles, then here comes the sheriff we passed that was in the meridian, he slows and runs my numbers. Goes on and about a half mile ahead of me he pulls over on the shoulder with his lights on. I move over the one following me moves over and we both get back in the right lane after passing the one on the shoulder.

Now the one following me gets in the hammer lane and starts passing me, at that moment was my exit. This was where I was heading, to wait till drop time tomorrow.

So then, I'm post tripping my truck and 7 minutes into it, I look over and there is one of the sheriff's rolling through the parking lot.

It would have been so much easier to just pull me over 16 miles or so back then mess with me for all those miles.

The whole time I knew I was going to get stopped but they just toyed with me, it was actually nerve racking. At one point I considered just pulling over to get it to stop.

I felt like they where waiting to see if I made a mistake.

Dominick253, scottied67 and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Hopefully cops like these will be looking for a job soon.

alds and bzinger Thank this.
  4. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Mac what outfit do you work for? Your company might be a target. My company had 6 trucks at a WS for a level 2 all at the same time last monday

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  5. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    I'm an independent carrier, I'm due for an inspection. I just don't understand the game they were playing. I felt like he was waiting for me to cross a line. Like the one pulling off the shoulder with his lights on, I felt like it was a test to see if I would get over. And we passed a couple places that would have been good to get off the road. Maybe they were waiting on a state boy to arrive and were just watching me till his arrival. Idk.

6. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    They're all quota driven - I'm sorry this happened to you. We Megas don't see cops stalking us like they did to you. Kinda creepy. I had a guy in a weight station booth in at the port of entry in OR stare at me wth binoculars. These guys can be creeps

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Seems to be open season on trucks lately and money hungry cops view us as easy money .

flatbeb mac Thanks this.
  8. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    They were supertrooper'ing you lol soterbird.jpg

9. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    They were probably just .....off because they had to work on Father's Day.

flatbeb mac Thanks this.
  10. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    LMAO @Md420

That was good one!

11. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Come on Meow, we just need to see meow's license. MEOW!

unloader

Bakerman, BoostedTeg and Md420 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.