Just returned from my Bakken "recon" trip

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Smakman, Apr 6, 2014.

1. MoneyCat

MoneyCat Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2006
    West Texas
    That $34/hr is a lie, more around $23/hr. Not a fan of MBI either, buncha safety nazis.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I thought it sounded as little high. I may have misunderstood, or he was full of BS. Apparently they have quite a few trucks down here now....all contractors I think. He was herding sand trucks here.

4. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Man I'm in the wrong business hauling water. Must motivate thyself to read hazmat book to pass test!

unloader

5. rgomez191

rgomez191 Light Load Member

May 24, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  6. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    $168,000 hauling sand and not an owner operator. $91K guaranteed... ?? This guy might have been taken for a ride by the owner of the truck. I would NOT get your hopes up to make this kind of money. $150K in for an experienced crude hauler that doesn't take many days off but not $168,000 to haul frac sand.

A quick google search showed me that there are some $130,000 jobs in PA right now. Not driving truck. Operating cranes or actually working in oilfield operations such as drillers or frac hands. I hope the guy in the video is debt free in a month but he's not living in reality. $15k per month is $180,000 - not $168,000 as he said earlier. In a 10 minute video he said that he'd make $91 - $180K. MmmmmHmmmmmm. :biggrin_2552:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  7. rgomez191

rgomez191 Light Load Member

May 24, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lets see what the next few weeks brings. Maybe the owner does pay that much but to drivers willing to work past there 70 like 14/hour + 7/days = 98 hour weeks. The guy made it sound you can work everyday of the year if you want with no time off for those huge checks. Probably works for a small operation around 5-8 trucks with no internet presence. If he is making that much then the owner of the truck is taking a very big paycut paying drivers 40%-60% instead of around 23%-28% the bigger guys start company drivers at.

Never worked out there just running some things that popped in my head when I was watching this.

8. canadianredneck

canadianredneck Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Western Arkansas
    Its a good deal. I'm here in the panhandle and we love it!

Its stable, good lacks to unload. Cushing is considered the pipeline of the world. I worked ND, it sucks and a ton of no pays, crappy equipment and the money drops to nothing with the snow cause ya have to drive slow. chains off, chains on. I clear more in OK than most ND drivers. year after year. a lot of the company housing is free or greatly reduced and I am halfway between OKC and Amarillo

9. canadianredneck

canadianredneck Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Western Arkansas

Superheaters is paying 25 an hour with all benefits and tons of hours. no need for hazmat if you wanna stick with water.

unloader Thanks this.
  10. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    23 is for no experience. With experience you can start at 30 and go up from there.

MTNClimber Thanks this.
  11. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    They're advertising everywhere for drivers even here in Maryland. I was training with a guy who did the water transport operation over there and he hated it. Long hours , no sleep but he said the pay was good but safety was a B..... You couldn't get one drop of water on the ground. He left and went to Transport service.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.