Just returned from my Bakken "recon" trip

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Smakman, Apr 6, 2014.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The guy is telling the truth. I personally work with guys who work a 12 hour shift with a $400.00 per day guaranteed minimum.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bknight

bknight Light Load Member

May 9, 2012
    Stanley, ND
    34/hr is what I think our crude drivrers MAX at, same for supervac. I think our water haulers max at 30 but most start in the 19-22 range. Company housing is not 800/month, I have no idea where you got that number from. I live in a company 2 bedroom apartment in Stanley, work out of Ross and pay 578/month. Only 1 other person in my apartment. Man camps run between 400-700 depending on which one you want to live in.

4. Xppibro

Xppibro Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Oil driver are you hiring or can you direct me to a quality company to work for?

I graduated from SAGE CDL School in Ft Pierce FL on Nov.19th. Passed all tests (Pre-test, maneuvers and road test) on first try. Also had 97% classwork grade. 14 years of heavy equipment experience and lived 34 years in Nova Scotia, Canada with lots of snow driving and winter outdoor labor experience.

Would prefer a rotation that has 9-10 days off (30/10 or so) and live in truck (pay no rent and no commute to living facilities). That might be too much to ask for as a rookie. I'm open to any offers!

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    That seems on the low side for crude in tx. Have you checked around with other companies pay? In pa a lot sand haulers are doing between 300-400 a day so you think in tx it would be more since crude haulers generally make more, few companies even have 400$ guarantee for company drivers but those companies are very hard to get into, absolutely have to have a squeaky clean mvr and steady employment

6. tkeller74

tkeller74 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2014
  7. gogogo

gogogo Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Wrong. Everyone in Dickinson Belfield area is paying $800 a month. Oil drivers are making under $30, the supervac guys make what you say. But I hear the new boss in Belfield just cut their pay while on standby so a bunch are quiting. Belfield is a different beast from the rest of the MBI locations. It's not as nice as you make it out to be. Have you guys out in the boonies gone live yet? hahaha I was one of the test trucks. What a disaster it became.

8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    there is a trailer park in Halliday North Dakota that charges $450 a month all utilities included to park your RV or trailer.
    in the winter time if you do not attach a propane bottle to your trailer they will tack on an extra hundred dollars a month assuming you are using electric heaters to heat your RV.

I would never work for an hourly rate unless they wanted to pay me $50 an hour.

working on percentage of a barrel rate is generally a more lucrative way of earning a living.

working for a company that limits you to 12 hour shifts is a good way to keep your income below the $100,000 a year mark.

one of my coworkers made $4000 last week hauling frac sand in Pennsylvania.

9. Wade68

Wade68 Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Port Richey, FL
    VERY, VERY, VERY interesting thread. Thank you to the OP for starting it. I realize the Saudi's are playing games with the price of oil (places here in the Tampa Bay area have seen 2.55 a gallon) and I'm a few years behind the oil boom. I planned on finishing my training/one year experience and heading out that way as well. Might have to reconsider. I'll weigh my options in one year, but will keep my options open.

10. gogogo

gogogo Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Could you point me in the direction of some companies hiring drivers hauling frac sand in PA? Looking to head down there at the end of the month. Really don't wanna head back to ND.

11. Savedbygrace

Savedbygrace Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Grand Forks, ND
    I am originally from ND 1 hour north of Grand Forks. I work at Kalitta Air in Oscoda, MI as an Inspector for a MRO facility and this week talked to a lady who's son-in-law is working driving truck in Williston for 5 years now working 2 weeks on and 1 week off. She mentioned he is now 25 yrs old and makes over 100k a year. His wife is a stay home mom and she lives in MI. His house and vehicles are paid off and he is doing real good. I am 51 yrs old and wish this oil boom would have begun back after I got out of the Marines back in 1986. I hope you land a job and find good people to work for or haul for.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.