K&B SIOUX CITY IOWA

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by dogtrucker, Aug 28, 2015.

1. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    60 cpm or $28/hr average for me. Not too shabby
    Caveat, your experience may vary.
    I would like to return to California but dam, this is a pretty good job.
    I have never collected a "recruitment bonus" but maybe that's not a dishonorable way to make some extra $$$.
    Just wanna share some gospel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    ....did u just started working there?

4. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Been here almost a year

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Nice to hear you like kb.I was a local driver there for 2 yrs.My sort of boyfriend,long story,hes been with KB going on his 12th yr.You heard about all the local drivers kb got rid of didn't you?because of the Denison plant closed.

6. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    No, I didn't know about that. And K&B isn't even the best. It's just medium-good for those with moderate experience. Your BF must be happy, having stayed so long, but he could probably make $90-100k/year at WalMart with that much experience.
    I think a lot of companies are improving with higher wages and better treatment due to the on going driver shortage.
    I'm thinking this would be a good time to start a free-lance recruiting agency. I sometimes talk to people - even at truck stops - who seem to hate their jobs and they just have no idea they can triple their wage in 6 months and get free training. I think their is a business opportunity here.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Ya kb got rid of over 20 local drivers only kept 4 and ray is one of them.I know he could find a better paying job but he wants to remain local and he says hes too old to start another company.He started getting paid salary this week and don't know how that's going to pan out,he has to work this Saturday.Time will tell whether this change is a good thing for him.Ray told me kb bought some land next to the terminal and they'll be building a trucking school.Whether that's true or not I don't know.

8. dogtrucker

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Well, there's always greener pastures. That's the first I heard of them starting a school - thanks for the info.
    I'm on salary. It's not huge money, $12-1400/week but the work is easy (40-45 hrs/week) and the schedule is flexible. If i could resign myself to living in Illinois, I'd just settle down here.
    Thank god for trucking. This is by far the easiest and best paying job I ever had.

pattyj Thanks this.
  9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    flatbedder Thanks this.
  10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    ABE ABE ABE ABE ABE

icsheeple and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. mwc1576

mwc1576 Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    K&B sucks. A lot of micromanagement. A lot of driving at night. Never personally drove for them, but there are quite a few drivers at my company that have. Tyson owns a lot of K&B bailout them out of bankruptcy more than once. At least thats how the story goes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.