Kelles transport???

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Commuter69, May 31, 2016.

1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I couldn't find any recent (within the last 6 months or so) posts on them... looking for new information.

Anyone?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckersWife89

TruckersWife89 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    My husband has been working for them since August 2015. He LOVES working for them. Do you have any specific questions I can help you with?

4. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    Just the typical ones... average weekly miles, paper- or e- logs, age / type of trucks, terminal or drop yards in California.... home time....

5. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California

Ok, those I can answer.
    He gets paid 37 cents a mile starting, about 3000 miles weekly, e-logs.
    They just got a bunch of new trucks in. My husband was put in a 2017 Freightliner (Cascadia?) with 17 miles on it. Gorgeous. With the window on the side, and a fridge. I believe most of the trucks are automatic now, but they do have some that are manual (You can pick).Most are Freightliners or Internationals, I've seen a Volvo or two. I know they have a yard in Fontana, but we live in Apple Valley, and he's able to take the truck home. The Fontana yard has showers available. My husband requests a couple days off every 2 weeks, and gets as much time as he needs. '

Commuter69 Thanks this.
  6. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    The only "bad" thing I can say is they route around tolls.. It's really just an inconvenience if you're used to using the toll roads. They send you routing and fuel stops, but if you miss one, just tell them and they'll send you new stops. Oh, and they do pay fuel bonuses and detention. Also, breakdown pay, and for the hotel if its in the shop over night.

Commuter69 Thanks this.
  7. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    Oh, and they use Transflo, and you get paid Wednesday if paperwork is in by midnight the Wednesday before. $50 advance on your Comdata card every Monday and Friday if you need it.

Commuter69 Thanks this.
  8. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    I like to fuel at primarily pfj, loves, and T/A just so I can be sure I have a shower credit or 2 at each, do they limit where I can fuel, and can fuel cards be used to pay for parking if no free parking is available (I don't like paying for parking, but will if I think I will have trouble finding free parking at peak times and will call ahead just to avoid risking an hours violation)?

9. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California
    He usually fuels at Pilot/ Flying J or Loves, occasionally T/A. Im not sure about the paid parking. He's never tried. I know they can be used at Blue Beacon and for scales. You may be able to request an express code for the cost, if there is nowhere to park. My husband usually keeps driving until he finds somewhere to park (even if he's over his hours), and does a "moving to safe haven". Another perk is the Prepass, so he rarely gets pulled into the scale, and gets the bypass lane if he does.

Commuter69 Thanks this.
  10. Commuter69

Jul 2, 2014
    This is how I plan my day, assuming a full 11 hour drive shift....
    -pretrip and plan stop during 5th hour driving(meal break) on route.
    -meal break, plan stop before 11 hour clock expires(usually netting me a 10.5 hour day) for my 10. If it's going to be late, I will call ahead to reserve parking. If this is a 34 hour stop, I will pay for the 10 and move when spaces come available.
    -stop for my 10, pull in, fuel, park, post trip, close notes for day, inform office if I need to as to location and estimated departure time. That being done, I eat, hit the bathroom, and crash out until an hour before rolling, shower, snack, and repeat.

11. TruckersWife89

Jun 1, 2016
    California

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.