Kevin Rutherford? Good info or not?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 541johnson, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy37

Crazy37 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Bullhead, Az
    Then your not listening to his show. He constantly asking for the gear ratio. I do know he uses the 55mph as a default answer till the caller finds out their gear ratio. He will tell them to slow to 55 until they know, then he can give them a better answer.

SheepDog and Dice1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Downloaded a podcast of him so I could listen. Got through a minute, stopped it and moved it to the trash can.

Maybe if he put some echo-ey, bassy drums and booms in the background more dumdums would listen.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  4. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I wonder if any those Kevin Rutherford bashers are brave enough to call the show with those issues to discuss on the air?

I love it when he gets those calls and would love to hear how some of you so called internet trucking experts would be brave enough to put Kevin Rutherford in his place with a phone call.

Please let us know when to listen for that phone call because he has in the past taken those calls and should take your call?

Due to all the calls he gets, you may have trouble getting through and if you are serious and brave enough to get on the air, just go to Chat Room on Let's Truck website during show and PM Leesa to call you to get on air. They will move you to the front of the line with your issues because he loves those kind of calls and so does his listeners. You will not be the first and will not be the last to make this kind of call.

The Saturday and Sunday live Shows are most popular that are from 4 pm till 7 pm EST. The other live shows are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights from midnite till 1 am.

Don't be scared! Make the call!

5. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I've tried. He cut me off, spewed a bunch of trash then put me back on the air just long enough to get rid of my call.

What he says about the actual operation of a truck is basic common sense, things that I have been saying since the 1980's.

He does seem to have good knowledge regarding tax preparation.

His knowledge of economics is abysmal. When you have to promote a third rate hack piece of fiction, like Atlas Shrugged to support your belief in free market capitalism you are exposing yourself as a charlatan. Read Adam Smith, or at least Milton Friedman, then we can have a discussion. Books like that seem to be way over Rutherford's head. He would actually have to take time to read, study & think about it instead of just listening to the audio version while he is doing something else.

I can't stand listening to the same morons call in with the same stupid questions every night. If you don't know the basics of optimizing your fuel mileage, how to manage basic bookkeeping and how to find the rolling resistance of the tires you want to buy, you deserve to fail as an o/o.

rbht, rollin coal, misc and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. kevinonxm

kevinonxm Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I certainly expect everyone to have their own opinion about the show and I quit caring about that one way or the other a long time ago. But there is a big difference between opinions, facts, and outright lies.

Either you or the company you talked to is outright lying. We don't hard sell sponsors at all, never have. (sponsors come to us) We are approached by hundreds of companies a year and turn them away. We don't even have anyone on staff that does sales.

Post the name of the company and we'll get them on the show to find out the real truth.

I can promise you the conversation you are claiming never happened and we'll prove it.

Kevin Rutherford

Stump, SheepDog and Dice1 Thank this.
  7. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    If in fact you are KR....At least you have the cojones to defend yourself here....I'll give you that...

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    Ive followed KR's advice, and so far, its worked. Iam in the process of makeing some of the upgrades he recomends, mabey a different product brand, but the same solutions to cutting cost.

I laugh at people that close there mind to new ideas. Mabey he is not perfect, but he has no angle to steer you right or wrong. Just good advice, take it or leave it.

SheepDog and Dice1 Thank this.
  9. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    That $1.30 per mile is a lease operator rate.

10. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Right.....Wrong...Or indifferent...
    KR has a radio show....And he's published....

Need I say more?

BigKid2 Thanks this.
  11. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    So KR...According to your profile...You've been a member here for over 3 years....

What took you so long to speak up? :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.