Kevin Rutherfrauds $200000 Signature glider truck has complete engine failure!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bobby Barkert, Mar 7, 2015.

1. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    I read the first page and a few comments on face book. and couldn't handle any more LOL

If they would of bought a 20k freightliner and stayed out of California, they could of saved all kinds of money and headache. Who cares if it got 4 mpg loaded and 6 empty. And who cares if they spent money on a head and a new trans and rear ends....they would still be ahead of this mess.

Feel sorry for these folks....ALL involved. And also feel lucky to have my 20k fld that I bought last year and rebuilt within a year for less then 30k. Im in it 50kish and pulls like a champ and dependable and they get and its paid for :)

truckon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA

Asbestos? Are you sure it wasn't the lava heat wrap that is readily available? The EPA would be all over someone using asbestos!

4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I agree whole heartedly when the foundation steps away from the everyday business due to rapid growth or retirement things always change.

I have known several that were never really big names nationwide but I would put them up against any big name any day. Kinda funny they weren't multi millionaires but seen them warranty many things that wasn't their doing because it would make the customer happy. But that is just my take on it

tsavory, double yellow and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  5. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    This is respectfully submitted by Kathy Wolter...

After hearing the many untruths Bruce spoke while he chose to publicly attack my husband and I's character at the 2015 CMC, regarding the glider project he and Kevin created, proves to me we made a wise decision in ending our relationship with Bruce Mallinson 80k miles ago.

Being as this truck was built in the public eye we still plan to post noteworthy progress. We continue to roll on with a positive attitude and not look back (nor comment) on the unfortunate negative.
    Thank you Steve Singfield for one of the many who get why we roll on. We look forward to meeting you and many fine folks in our industry.

Posted by Steve Singfield
    June 5 at 1:03pm

After the second time of reading, it gets worse. You have spent over a quarter of a million dollars. .. enough for 2 brand new trucks in the pursuit of that extra couple of mpg. That $250 K put into a franchise like a Macdonalds, a Dunking Donuts or in a high yield savings account would have given a better return. But it's more than that, I know, our occupation is one of love and adventure, to see the beauty of the mountains of the west, the wonderful prairies and the history of the east. I'm close to buying another truck, a cabover from Fitzgerald, from your experience, it's where I'm going.
    If I see you guys on the road I'll willingly break bread with you.
    Your honesty and patience shines through, and I thank you for your post.

6. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
  7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Kevin gives sound advice, but EVERYTHING is an individual situation. The only universal fix all piece of advice that never fails is SLOW DOWN = GREATER FUEL ECONOMY.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    But not necessarily more profit. If by slowing down, you are not able to make a delivery until tomorrow, you lose revenue, and depending on your schedule, it can be a big hit. Likewise some loads pay for the rush. Hauling cattle can pay north of $5.00 a mile. To slow down, so your fuel costs per mile go down 15% simply is not worth losing 100-150 miles a day.

Rubber duck kw and 77fib77 Thank this.
  9. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Well, I haven't had XM radio in my truck for a few years now, but when I did and occasionally listened to what KR said when I did, I never heard him even mention that even critter haulers should slow down. Most folks who have been around this profession for at least a little while know that livestock can die or be injured being in the wagon too long. Produce can deteriorate. Most of his stuff was targeted at general freight crowd. Frozen pizzas are not in jeopardy, nor potato chips, nor toilet paper. But many will use examples of livestock and such as an excuse as to how they can't do something. While it is somewhat true that slowing could affect delivery, it isn't quite that cut and dry. It all depends on a lot of other factors.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am amazed how many will argue with a wall and not try something just to see if it is feasible and can work.

truckon and spyder7723 Thank this.
  10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I haul cattle and the majority of the time I run around 65. Even on the interstates I rarely see the other side of 70. I'd rather run by myself and keep the door shut than run fast in a group where 5 different guys want to stop at 5 different places.

rrw811, truckon, wore out and 4 others Thank this.
  11. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    And some of his advice may work for you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.