KLLM and Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by landy77, Jan 31, 2011.

1. hairball77

hairball77 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2012
    I believe I've met you,roadtoad,at an ice cream place a few months ago.You told me that story about all the coolant leaks and about deadheading to TX and nobody noticing for several days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigsarge

bigsarge Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2012
    hello im scheduled to attend orientation for kllm lease purchase program on monday. could you share all of your knowledge with me.

i.e. what to expect during orientation. and all of the in's and out's of the l/p program? i requested the southeast region, how likely do you think that i would get it? would you happen to know what type of types they are currently leasing?

thanks any info would be helpful.
    i can send you my cell# if that would be better

4. bama07football

bama07football Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2012
    everywhere but home
    Well i have been with kllm l/p for a little while now...and i like it...but others on here dont like it....its what u make of it...i DO NOT like the morrow region i cant stand going to the yard at all...they always have a terminal full of drivers with no loads...so they say...but in reality they are just turning down load after load until they get the one they wanted....i am OTR...and i enjoy it...kllm is trying to go all l/p and o/o...despite what they say....the orientation is from wednesday to friday...and boring as crap...but they do give you $500 for sitting through it...and they feed you...u will get mad at them at times but they will treat you right...i was in delaware mond
    ay and my wife called me and told me her grandfather passed away and they was gonna bury him thursday...so tuesday morning i told steve(my dispstcher) that i need a load taking me home...so i left delaware delivering to louisville kentucky..and on the way i got a qualcomm message saying a pickup in louisville going to atlanta delivering wednesday....they made it happen....me and my wife are very happy with kllm....i hope u become happy also

5. bama07football

Mar 29, 2012
    everywhere but home
    Oh and by the way...most of the trucks are 2012 freightliner cascadias...sometimes they will be some 2009 models in there...and i heard that they are leasing some volvos now but i am not sure on that

6. bigsarge

bigsarge Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hey thanks for the info bama07football, im looking forward to being successful in this business. Could i PM you my number? because i would really like to have a experienced positive mentor that has been with the company and know whats going to guide me in the right direction if i may have a few questions or hiccups.

thanks
    BigSarge

7. mikeyjones

mikeyjones Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2013
    i was thinking on L/P can anyone tell me the truth is it worth it

8. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Kind of an old thread sir. May want to post in another one more recent.

9. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Just hope the lady on here, and anyone else who has not pulled a reefer; which is what KLLM is all about, know what its all about. I am not knocking KLLM, but I pulled a reefer for a year and picked-up and delivered any many of their same locations. Dry van is not like reefer, and usually the deliveries and pickups are all appointments. I do know they do lots of chicken plants; Tyson I think was where we were at, and the wait time for some of their trucks was up to 20 hours to load. Thus, lots of idle time for reefers at times. Granted, it may pay more that dry van, but there is a hassle of waiting to load/unload, and more often than not, the warehouses are always behind schedule. I know some drivers want to lease, but also look at the other things that go with the company such as freight, running lanes, and so on.

10. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama

11. bama07football

Mar 29, 2012
    everywhere but home
    I do alright leasing with kllm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.